The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m lucky enough to have several great amps to play. In general, I prefer the punch and sound of GK, so I picked up an MB Fusion today. Punchy and gigantic sounding. Takes my dirt pedals extremely well, which is important to me. Sounds great on B channel with the gain up, though practically speaking I won’t use it on most gigs because it’s hard to balance the channels in a DI and I’m perfectly OK getting my drive tone with a stompbox.

I will also note that the Mesa Subway cabs (210+115) sound great with any of the several amps I’ve run thru them.

The Pork Loin has the cap mod. Dialed as I have it, flattens out the EQ and adds just a touch of grit, very SVT like. After the op-amp Big Muff to tame its top just a touch. The Muff is a very angry sounding NOT smooth Muff, I love it.

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those cabs must be sick. Is the 15 ported too?
Yes.

Played 2 shows of 3 sets yesterday. First was outdoors small business customer appreciation, pretty high volume. Second was a bar gig, much reduced volume. Took the new amp and stacked 2 Subway 210s. Let’s just say I had lots of rig, and it sounded fab.

Except I forgot to put on a hat, and if my head had a stem, I’d look like a cherry right now. Stupid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts