The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this recently from (new) GC Forum member @SpinalTipp.

He had it advertised on Kijiji and was in Barrie (about 170 km from me). However, he organized for a friend of his to bring the amp to Guelph and we met me at a convenient location. Very easy transaction with excellent communication. Thanks again.

I'm just getting used to playing an amplified acoustic. The added reverb and sustain are great!

L

·
0 Posts
So .. you haven't completely left the electric scene yet, eh!?o_O
Congrats my friend!
I'm looking forward to hearing this someday.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I didn't even see that in here. You must've grabbed it right away. :D I just got one myself last month. I've been using it for the house concerts I've been doing. I've been to 2 different stores and both places they told me it's the most natural sounding acoustic amplifier around. I had the option to get the bigger version but then I didn't want to deal with the heavier weight. On the 23rd, we're playing in an open air venue and it will be an acoustic set. Hopefully it would be loud enough for me to use it as my monitor. BTW it's also a great amp for vocals.

Congratulations! You're going to have lots of fun with it.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
I bought one a while back.. It's a really nice amp for such a tiny box. And the few bells and whistles are cool

Reactions: greco

·
Premium Member
17,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!

My friend @Hamstrung has the same amp and we have been doing some comparisons recently. This amp does well given the price point, features, etc.

@Chito...You didn't miss it on here...it was through Kijiji.
I suggested to the seller that he might enjoy the GC Forum (especially the gear FS/WTB section...LOL) and he joined while we were organizing the delivery of the amp to Guelph.
It might be a great amp for vocals...I just don't have any vocals that should EVER be amplified!!

@laristotle Does this actually count as being part of the "electric scene"? ...LOL
I don't think of tone anymore...does that count in my favour?
You are welcome to come over anytime and take it for a spin.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
That is a great little amp. A very good choice IMHO.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Bought this recently from (new) GC Forum member @SpinalTipp.

He had it advertised on Kijiji and was in Barrie (about 170 km from me). However, he organized for a friend of his to bring the amp to Guelph and we met me at a convenient location. Very easy transaction with excellent communication. Thanks again.

I'm just getting used to playing an amplified acoustic. The added reverb and sustain are great!

Glad it's working out for you! It served me well for it's purposes. I mostly used it for practicing vocals while playing electric through my DRRI (for the record, you have to get creative if you want it to keep up with a Deluxe on 4-5 volume). Great piece of gear.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
IMO good value acoustic amp. 2 channels - guitar and vocals. Mine is 4 years old. No problems. Easy to use and when I connect my cell with itunes music, I can play and sing along with the music.
It's also works well if you just want to listen to music.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
I'm glad I have one. I was finally able to sell my Ovation because of how good it sounded through the amp.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
In my experience, Fishman makes some nice little amps.
Congrats and enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts