The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally! After trying a lot of small practice amps, I found one I really like.
I play in my livingroom, and have a small table beside the sofa. I need an amp that will slide under the table.
I had tried Vox, Bugera, and recently a Blackstar. I am picky as well. Its got to have great crunch, reverb, and a nice clean. I don't have room for pedals and extra wires.

Here it is:

Orange Crush 20RT. Not only does it meet all my criteria, but the clean sound is amazing.
Sounds like a little blackface Fender. Crunch is very good, it will get high gain as well. The reverb is the best I have heard on a small practice SS amp. Not amazing like a Fender, but very good.
And, as a bonus, its got a tuner as well.

If you are also in the market for a great little amp, I would try one out.
Plus, its Orange!!!!! My favorite color!!

Crush20RTOR-large.jpg
orange_crush_20rt_guitar_amp_combo_top.jpg

·
Premium Member
17,191 Posts
I plan to check these out if they are ever in our l&m i visit.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That really is a bad review. Best to try one in person. I have never even considered buying something based on a Youtube review.

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
That really is a bad review. Best to try one in person. I have never even considered buying something based on a Youtube review.
I agree. Youtube clips are great for checking out features and knobs but not for analyzing tone. Too many variables. Even manufacturer's clips can sound bad/inaccurate sometimes.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Nice! Glad to hear you like it. I have a micro cube for a travel amp but it's nothing to write home about looks or tone wise. I'm gonna have to try one of these next time I'm near an L&m

·
Premium Member
17,191 Posts
I have a Marshall MG15 (no effects) and it suits me just fine for clean and dirty sounds at home. The reason I want a second amp is to mess around with the stereo capabilities of my pedalboard when I have the time (and determination).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts