The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
15,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as much as I loved my Supersonic 60 it was just a beast to carry around so I traded it in on this. It's just like coming home, awesomeness in a nice portable package. I was planning all kinds of mods but after playing through it for a couple of hours I'm not sure it needs anything, really good as is. Maybe the previous owner modded a few things, looks minty though.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Congrats Dave! I've had mine for about 8 years now. I went from a Twin and kept looking around for something smaller and lighter for a few years. And then one day I asked myself why not go to the obvious answer to a smaller Twin. Bought the DRRI and never looked back.

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
Nice! I'd love to have a DRRI but I have a 1x15 converted Super Reverb right now to fit that need decently. I'm holding out for a good deal on a Silverface DR or Twin.
Should have bought the $750 twin from l&m boxing week sale.

·
Administrator
15,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats Dave!

Did you have the same amp in the past?

Very minty looking amp indeed.

ENJOY!

Cheers

Dave
This is my third, hence the "feels like coming home". I usually clip the bright cap on the reverb channel and upgrade the speaker, and probably will again, but it just sounds so good right now I'll need to talk myself into it. I still have a Scumnico laying around so I could try that for nothing I guess. :)

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,110 Posts
Awesome amp, enjoy.

Reactions: davetcan

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
Congrats.

I wonder what the over/under is on how many songs have been recorded on that amp? Whatever the number is set at, I'll take the over! Those things are classics for a reason.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Nice Dave! I am just wondering, why you didn’t go for the SuperSonic 22?
I thought they were the “DR channel 1 & Dual Gain Channel 2”

·
Administrator
15,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice Dave! I am just wondering, why you didn’t go for the SuperSonic 22?
I thought they were the “DR channel 1 & Dual Gain Channel 2”
Availability :) I was just looking for a decent, reasonably priced, used amp. My short list included the DRRI, SS22, and the VM Deluxe. While the 22 and 60 are great 2 channel amps there is still something about the DR circuit that the Supersonics are missing, imho anyway. I was very glad when this one popped up. The Supersonics are more versatile but the DR does that one thing really well, plus with a couple of simple mods it eats up pedals.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Availability :) ........ plus with a couple of simple mods it eats up pedals.
Any links to the mods? Or list of what they are?
I read the first post that the OO may have already done the mods to your new to you amp , that you may just leavit as it is, for now.

·
Administrator
15,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts