The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said no new gear for 2019, but this showed up locally on Kijiji Saturday morning at a price that should be tried.

I never played a BDRI before, but always liked the previous 410 and 610 amps that I owned in the past. Yes, 410 Concert, and Super Six. I had regrets about parting with those.

This one is has four blue alnico 10” speakers, two 6L6, solid state rectified, three 12AX7, and a set of kickstands. It sounds great tilted back on the kickstands, but I have always been a Fender guy.

It kind of has a Bassman sound, the cleans are good, also sounds alright with the bright switch engaged. The reverb is not overpowering, and sounds good without it.

The overdrive side is mild to moderate, and not why I bought it. The volume knob is quick to be loud on this channel. A Z BrakeLite can control volume and not suck tone on this amp, on either channel.

I like the 410 configuration and tone.

I tried the Ceriatone Express Trainwreck through the speakers. I like it. It shows justification for a 412 Marshall cab some day.
image.jpg
image.jpg

·
Registered
981 Posts
I had an original Blues DeVille 4x10 from the early 90's for over 20 years. Just sold it last spring. I loved the amp but it just got too heavy to lug around. The clean channel was awesome and took whatever effects you fed it well. I never liked the drive channel, found it a bit harsh. It is loud and big sounding but if you can tame the volume you can get some great tones out of it.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@GuitarT, nice to hear your input and experience.

I am not planning an moving this amp too often. It is surprisingly lightweight for it’s size. I have more of an issue holding it high enough due to size, while carrying in stairways with one hand.

It reminds me of the good old days with my big old Fenders. It is much easier to lug around than my old Super Six, the Mesa F-100, or the Garnet Session Man. It is about as large as I dare to carry in stairwells these days.

It is in the ballpark of my Maz Jr, YGM3, etc. within a few pounds.
The specs say it weighs 50 lbs., and that is still doable. Lighter amps are preferred for taking out of the house, and that is happening less often.

2.5 to 3 on the clean volume knob is plenty, and the guitar volume is full sounding with guitar volume at 4 to 7. Digging in gets very loud, there is plenty of clean headroom waiting to be unleashed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts