The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rare impulse buy, sight unseen, and no regrets.

Sometimes ya just gotta pull the trigger.

One owner (now 2), Rivera Era, Fender Super Champ in immaculate condition with original everything including the footswitch (which was optional when new), manual, and even the QA Inspection/Test Cert. dated 13 May 1982.

Courtesy of the Guitar Shop in Mississauga (thank you Matt, Ryan, and Rob(?)), this little gem sounds like a King Snake!

Yes, I know...6C10 tubes are difficult to find. Let the search begin!

·
Premium Member
17,345 Posts
Nice grab! What are the differences between this and a regular champ?

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts
Happy NAD.... and yes, 6C10/6BK11 tubes are insanely hard to find. I had a mid 60s ampeg jet that used them. I spent the better part of a year searching for tubes before I gave up and sold it. :(

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
A rare impulse buy, sight unseen, and no regrets.

Sometimes ya just gotta pull the trigger.

One owner (now 2), Rivera Era, Fender Super Champ in immaculate condition with original everything including the footswitch (which was optional when new), manual, and even the QA Inspection/Test Cert. dated 13 May 1982.

Courtesy of the Guitar Shop in Mississauga (thank you Matt, Ryan, and Rob(?)), this little gem sounds like a King Snake!

Yes, I know...6C10 tubes are difficult to find. Let the search begin!
Wow !!! Congrats on a great little amp. How did you get that incredible sound out of it?. Any pedals involved? I am blown away.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow !!! Congrats on a great little amp. How did you get that incredible sound out of it?. Any pedals involved? I am blown away.
First off, not me playing in the video. Thats TGS staff (Rob, I think). And no pedals. Just him, the guitar, and the amp. That 1:56 sealed my moment of indiscretion.

·
Premium Member
17,811 Posts
CONGRATS!

Wonderful store with very helpful and friendly staff.

An amazing selection of gear for a fairly small square footage.

ENJOY!

BTW Is that "other" store still surviving across the street?

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
That amp is in amazing condition! Looks like it never left the house. Those are awesome little amps, highly sought after. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
17,345 Posts
First off, not me playing in the video. Thats TGS staff (Rob, I think). And no pedals. Just him, the guitar, and the amp. That 1:56 sealed my moment of indiscretion.
Yeah, that's Rob. Dude has chops!

Reactions: StratCat

·
Administrator
16,698 Posts
He had me sold at about 45 secs.

Very nice, congrats!

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Very cool.

I like to think of gear like that as lifer gear. As long as we live there's really no good reason why we'd have to stop using it, or part with it.

Nice catch.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
That sounds amazing! What a deadly little combo, great score!

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
This one will be in the family for....ever.
Careful now, don't jinx it :) I've owned these amps and they definitely have their own thing going on. Yours looks mint and with the original footswitch...nice score.

If you end up needing a "precious", just let me know.

20181118_195329.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts