The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I traded my '82 model 4010 towards a nice 1973 Marshall 100 watt head and although I didn't regret the deal, I did miss the great tone in such a nice easy to transport combo. On Friday I was able to pick up another 4010 in really nice shape in the cool white tolex.
Just great amps!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BSTheTech!

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
That looks awesome!! I just picked up its slightly less admired brother, the JCM 800 4210. I'm loving the sounds I'm getting though. I played a Mesa for years and it's nice to have a Marshall again. Instant tone gratification with the 800's. I liked the Mesas I played but I always seemed to be fiddling with the controls. Now I just power on and Rawk.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely!!!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats!
Thanks Budda, I love my Marshall heads but there is something so satisfying about a fairly small combo that rips!

·
Premium Member
9,477 Posts
Congrats.
does it have to be cranked to sound good?

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats.
does it have to be cranked to sound good?
No, it has a good master volume and I've been playing it at around 4. However, as EVH once said "volume = tone" .:)

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: BSTheTech

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Lemmy!

Reactions: Lemmy Hangslong

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The JCM800 is my dream amp. Nice score!
They are simply great amps for Rock n Roll! I paid a premium for this one because of the white tolex and original condition but if you keep your eye out, they can still be found relatively cheap.

Reactions: Ronbeast

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have that exact combo - white tolex 4010, Canadian version. Is your's dated 1982? Mine is an '83.
Mine is an '83 as well. Great grab n go Marshall combo!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts