The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yorkie amp bacxk.JPG
Yorkie amp.JPG

I picked up this nice little acoustic guitar amp today. I've heard the Fishman stuff sounds great but is prone to technical failures. I went with this Yorkville Acoustic Master Mini.

It will take an XLR mic and an acoustic guitar.

6o watts, reverb on both channels, chorus (why?).

The back panel has an XLR DI and an 1/8" aux in.

Sounds good in the office but we'll see how it likes a mic and a guitar mixed this evening.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
I picked up this nice little acoustic guitar amp today. I've heard the Fishman stuff sounds great but is prone to technical failures. I went with this Yorkville Acoustic Master Mini.

It will take an XLR mic and an acoustic guitar.

6o watts, reverb on both channels, chorus (why?).

The back panel has an XLR DI and an 1/8" aux in.

Sounds good in the office but we'll see how it likes a mic and a guitar mixed this evening.
I've not heard of any issues with the Fishman Loudbox Mini. If there were issues, why would Traynor basically copy the thing verbatim?

As for the chorus - the Fishman has it, so therefore the Traynor does too!

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've not heard of any issues with the Fishman Loudbox Mini. If there were issues, why would Traynor basically copy the thing verbatim?

As for the chorus - the Fishman has it, so therefore the Traynor does too!
Well, now you have.

The store had Fishman stuff. I've known and worked with these people for many years.

They told me they have had lots of little technical problems requiring warranty work with the Fishman units.

As for, why would Yorkville copy the design....that does happen and sometimes the copier does things a little better. I can't say that is the case here. All I can say is, two people I trust recommended this over the Fishman.

·
Premium Member
16,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds great so far, granted at a pretty low volume.

I scoffed at the chorus but it’s a nice subtle one and you can add just that little bit to give it some depth (movement?).

The reverb is also nice both for the guitar and voice.

Even with the guitar turned down fairly low (vocals are job #1) it adds a nice fill, gives a sort of quasi- stereo effect.

But, most importantly with an SM 58 it sounds nice and clean.

I love these new all in one PA systems.

It’s awesome what you can put in the trunk of a small car these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts