The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
576417BF-DFE7-4414-B9C8-AB6E8DF94908.jpeg
I’ll preface this by saying I have never owned an acoustic amp or even played through one so I didn’t know what to expect, but wow.

This is my first acoustic amp. It’s a Traynor Acoustic Master Custom. I got a great deal from another forum member and am now completely reinvigorated when it comes to playing acoustic. You can really hear the bottom end of the guitar now and it’s amazing what just the slightest hint of reverb can do. Next time my wife and daughters are out I’ll plug a mic in and go full coffee house:)

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Traynor amps are such great work horses ,reliable with good sound you will have such a good time playing through it JethroTech (Heh ,well the gangs out crank it up so we can hear it in Ontario L.O.LB#(*)

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
I had an older Traynor acoustic amp that was fantastic. I should have kept it but it got caught up in a major downsizing. (Now, I have to use either a tiny Ibanez which isn't anywhere near as good or my PA.) You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
I have the same AM 225 and I really like it. I use it for vocal as well as guitar.

I think those amps are out of production now which is too bad.

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Nice to know, if I ever move more towards acoustic.

Reactions: JethroTech

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
That's a 1958 Guild M-20. I bought it here on the GC Forum a few months ago.
Wow, that is in great shape for something that is almost as old as me! Is it all mahogany?

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, that is in great shape for something that is almost as old as me! Is it all mahogany?
You betcha. All mahogany. It is in remarkably good shape for being 60 years old this year. And it's the perfect size for playing while melting into the couch.

Reactions: Steadfastly
1 - 12 of 12 Posts