The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Courtesy of @Alan Small, I bought my first custom shop! Built in 1998, but was preserved beautifully in almost NOS condition (case candy still in original bag, no scratches what so ever). The best playing tele I myself have ever played. As soon as I felt the neck I knew I was buying it. Bridge pickup is lethal, but very tameable with the tone knob. Can’t believe a tele this good was barely ever played. This thing is begging to make music.
Without further adieu, my new baby ladies and gents!

49AFB17A-36E2-4513-A884-C44FC15185DC.jpeg

·
Administrator
16,804 Posts
That neck is stunning!

Reactions: JesseB94

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Courtesy of @Alan Small, I bought my first custom shop! Built in 1998, but was preserved beautifully in almost NOS condition (case candy still in original bag, no scratches what so ever). The best playing tele I myself I have ever played. As soon as I felt the neck I knew I was buying it. Bridge pickup is lethal, but very tameable with the tone knob. Can’t believe a tele this good was barely ever played. Without further adieu, my new baby ladies and gents!
View attachment 352058
View attachment 352059
View attachment 352060
View attachment 352064
View attachment 352061
no room on that bed for wife or dog...priorities clear

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
she is a beauty and Jesse is a good player who can do musical justice with her
Thanks Alan, truly flattered. She'll be loved, well cared for and played regularly!
I was impressed you were playing with gloves on lol. You'll have to show me a few of those country chords you played some day!

no room on that bed for wife or dog...priorities clear
Had to wait til she went to work so I could do this little photoshoot lol, she would not have been impressed. Cases were everywhere. Didn't want to stack another case on the tweed.

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Wait, "playing with gloves on"? Is that a COVID thing or an OCD thing (Alan's gear always appears MINT so it's a legit question)? Either way, impressive if you can pull it off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Wait, "playing with gloves on"? Is that a COVID thing or an OCD thing (Alan's gear always appears MINT so it's a legit question)? Either way, impressive if you can pull it off.
Lol for covid purposes, but now I wonder if that’s how he keeps them so clean??

If Alan says a guitar is “mint+++”, it’s dead mint.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh wow that’s just killer, LOVE the figured neck! Congrats and enjoy!
Looks gorgeous in person and feels even better. Spec sheet from fender doesn't say what shape it is, but you can tell its a really nice soft v. Didn't know I liked that profile until I got this tele in my hands.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts