The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
See what’s on the bench today.

My new (to me) 2002 Cort Artisan B5 Bass.

5 strings active bass. Mahogany body with wenge Millettia laurentii - Wikipediabolt-on neck. Bartolini MK1 pickups. 24 frets. Finish metallic grey.
73615FD7-4B53-4394-932C-F5406EBDEF8C.jpeg
A4DD80E8-0FE4-49B4-9E47-B727F61B953C.jpeg
917D602D-BFB0-439B-A324-2558EA5F7221.jpeg

·
Premium Member
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1 down, 23 to go.....
FACB2183-9545-4FA0-98D4-E19DDB8016A2.jpeg

Reactions: Scotty

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice find! My Father-in-Law is constantly in these second hand stores (VV, Talese, GoodWill etc) and finds all kinds of things way under valued and then buys them and sends them to an auction and makes a good buck doing it. He also haunts yardsales all summer doing the same thing. He is always picking up guitars and bringing them to me to set up and get them into the best shape they can be before he sends them to auction. He sometimes comes home with some real clunkers (Spectrum, GWL etc) but he's also come home with a descent 70's Ovation (import), a Squier 70's Strat, and an Ibanez (I forget the model). I wish I had the time to haunt these shops and get some of these deals for myself!

·
Registered
24,671 Posts
Geez, this is what you find in your thrift stores?
One of my oldest friends gave me a 65th birthday present last year of a half-dozen pedals; really an entire pedal-board - Boss, Yamaha, Danelectro. Everything was something he found in a thrift store. I can only think that he stops in every single one on the way home every single day, because I drop into those same places from time to time and have NEVER seen anything like that. So I guess it's timing, persistence, and luck.

But nice score on the bass. I picked up a couple basses cheap earlier this year, but have never played a 5-string.

·
Registered
14,885 Posts
As soon as I saw the thread title I knew who posted it...

Enjoy!

(And leave some thrift store stuff for the rest of us)

Reactions: bzrkrage
1 - 7 of 7 Posts