The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
most excellent! & congratulations!! Love the light ones; light ones are the best!

Not to hijack your thread, but coincidentally I was hunting a new (used) Tele today too! I went to the new L&M in town and was playing a Custom Shop tele I'd tried last Friday and then they dragged this out of the back and I new within five minutes it was absolutely the Tele for me. 2012 Fender Select Ash Telecaster, 6 lb 12 oz, mint condition and rings like a bell... Out the door for less $$$ than a new American Special Tele...

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most excellent! & congratulations!! Love the light ones; light ones are the best!

Not to hijack your thread, but coincidentally I was hunting a new (used) Tele today too! I went to the new L&M in town and was playing a Custom Shop tele I'd tried last Friday and then they dragged this out of the back and I new within five minutes it was absolutely the Tele for me. 2012 Fender Select Ash Telecaster, 6 lb 12 oz, mint condition and rings like a bell... Out the door for less $$$ than a new American Special Tele...
Congrats! Nice looking tele.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Please stop with these tele threads! I am sure I have asked this before. You're just trying to get me to get my wallet out and make my pocketbook a lot thinner.:D

BTW, nice teles!

Reactions: CDWaterloo

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks... I like the neck and bridge pups in series. Baja tele is a very versatile guitar ;)
ya, I quite liked that position in the Baja I owned... so much so that when I had a custom Tele built I spec'd it with the 4-way, and used it for quite a while (unfortunately, I also learned that having a guitar built to your spec by a well known builder doesn't necessarily guarantee a good, musical instrument will result)... The Custom Shop guitar I was playing off against my new Select Tele also had the 4-way, and I was disappointed when I hit the switch on the Select and found only three positions... but switches can be changed... :)

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Nice guitar.

I got one a few months ago after switching from electric to acoustic back in 1875 or maybe it was 1975. But anyway, a telecaster is a god damn awesome guitar and I'm liking it a lot.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I gotta agree with Budda on this one... I've owned ten Teles over the past twelve years or so to finally arrive at this one... some were close, some were crap, but in the end none compare...
They're all nice. Some are great, some are perfect. In my experience, even the worst Tele only needs a little love to become a great musical tool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts