The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Love the new bass rig !!! ;)

Did you jam it ??? How does it sound ??? whats in the cab ??? o_O

As for living in the 70s... one of the worst guitar solos ever heard !!! :confused:

Love the Acoustic head in the background... Looks like my 470 head !!! :D

HNG^%$

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Frenchy99, the cab has a Marsland 15" in there,(Code DGJ9) if that means anything.
Friend of mine just picked up a Fender 66 BF Bassman head, I saw this as a gift Cab for him for his birthday.
The head will probably be donated to Byron's new school next year. (Schools are always screaming of equipment)

Sent from my other brain.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Is that pre or post the Monoblock? Looks similar but diff features (a semi-parametric mid control vs 2 fixed mid controls or a graph depending on version of Monoblock). Those were solid amps.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know GG, will find out.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
@Frenchy99, the cab has a Marsland 15" in there,(Code DGJ9) if that means anything.

Nope ! :confused: Means nothing to me apart that its a Marsland.... :rolleyes:

Nice cab ! Could be an amazing 212 !!!:cool:

The bass head would most likely be just as amazing and undestructable as any Traynor gear !!!

Great find!;)

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
In that style of cab (older) it would likely be the alnico Marslands; if paired with that haed I must assume large magneet version (50 watts each vs 20). They are my fave guitar speaker (I have not tried them for bass) though the cone/surround can vary - doped cloth accordion surround with ribbed cone is my flavour of choice.

I started a spreadsheet of Marsland speakers but I haven't been able to figure out the model number code yet; not enough data. If you'd like to contribute to the effort, send me some pics of the speaker cone and rear basket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts