The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a light weight, grab and go combo for open mic's. Been thinking about a Dr Z Cure but a 1X10 Carmen Ghia caught my eye. A week old, speaker upgraded to a Gold, and a very reasonable price.

I should have it pretty quick. My wife has a DHL account and they're fast. I'll update this post with a tone report when it arrives.

Anyway, it's coming from Indiana and the guy I bought it from got hit with a fee that I calculate to be 4.42%. We were both expecting 3%. He's good guy and I just sent him the difference via a gift.

I scoured my PayPal account pages and saw nothing that would explain that fee. Anybody else seen this recently?

G

·
I've been wanting a light weight, grab and go combo for open mic's. Been thinking about a Dr Z Cure but a 1X10 Carmen Ghia caught my eye. A week old, speaker upgraded to a Gold, and a very reasonable price.

I should have it pretty quick. My wife has a DHL account and they're fast. I'll update this post with a tone report when it arrives.

Anyway, it's coming from Indiana and the guy I bought it from got hit with a fee that I calculate to be 4.42%. We were both expecting 3%. He's good guy and I just sent him the difference via a gift.

I scoured my PayPal account pages and saw nothing that would explain that fee. Anybody else seen this recently?
Probably the % PP fee + the CAD to USD conversion fee + the .030 cent transaction fee + the CAD to USD amount.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P99 - Not sure it was the conversion fee. I know I payed that to send USD to the seller, but he should not have been dinged for it. Reading the fine print on my account, there may be newish fees for cross border transactions. I haven't bought from the states for a while so that's why I asked around.

GT - A few too many words in that sentence, but if it you're asking where I saw it it was on TGP. Horrible place but deals can be found there. Sometimes anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Sales within Canada: 2.9% + $0.30 CAD per transaction
Discount rate for charities registered with the Canada Revenue Agency: 1.6% + $0.30 CAD per transaction
Sales to the US: 3.7% transaction fee + fixed fee based on the currency received
International sales (excluding the US): 3.9% transaction fee + fixed fee based on the currency received

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,255 Posts
Simple was to dodge the fee is just to add money to your paypal account, convert it to USD....then make the payment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts