The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to try our my new bass amp on stage last night, and it sounded great. Especially through the hands of a couple of real bass players.

I don't know the first thing about bass tone though. I have no idea what I'm supposed to sound like, or how to turn the knobs to get there. Most of my bass heros played through 100W Marshalls back in the day.

My good buddy left this amp at my house when he moved away, and told me to keep it. So, I'll play it. If he ever decides he wants it back, he can have back of course.

It's a Gallien-Krueger MB115. 200W 1x15 combo, and it's crazy light. It weighs less than my 1x12 Princeton Reverb clone. I'll snag some pictures of it later.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I bought my son a new 1st generation MB115 about 5 years ago for a birthday gift. I got to check it out before I gave it to him and was so impressed with the MB Series that I bought a MB410-II & 410-MBP for myself which is killer.

You should set your eq settings to 12 o'clock and adjust them from there to suit your ears. Master is the same, input to 9:00 o'clock. Enjoy!

TD

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought my son a new 1st generation MB115 about 5 years ago for a birthday gift. I got to check it out before I gave it to him and was so impressed with the MB Series that I bought a MB410-II & 410-MBP for myself which is killer.

You should set your eq settings to 12 o'clock and adjust them from there to suit your ears. Master is the same, input to 9:00 o'clock. Enjoy!

TD
Our regular bass player uses an MB200 mini head with the cab from his old MB115 and loves it. It sounds huge for an amp rig that fits in a milk crate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts