The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Interesting about the recording eq. Seems that they have set frequencies as to different speakers and mic’s.
Hmmmm.
B52270A2-951D-46CE-8FD1-D838DBAFA834.jpeg

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Don't those settings all seem a little bit extreme?
I mean, if the range is plus or minus 18 dB ....
That seems like a lot to me.

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts
Awesome piece of gear, congrats!

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, she went back.
Yes. It was fantastic to hear my $XX Traynor YBA amp at full-bore.
$600 at L&M Calgary (58th Ave) if anyone wants it.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, yes it was an awesome piece, just too expensive to justify for a $ XX amp.
So, as a Birthday present to myself, I bought a THD Hotplate 8.
Woot!
1AA9B85B-85C4-4874-9174-4EA1116D1A5E.jpeg

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Well, yes it was an awesome piece, just too expensive to justify for a $20 amp.
View attachment 221430
I don't get this logic? The steal of a deal you got on your YBA is completely irrelevant to the value of the Rock Crusher. Are you saying you would have kept the Rock Crusher if you had paid more for your amp?

It seems more like the Rock Crusher itself does not provide enough of an improvement over cheaper attenuators to justify its (relatively high) price.

TG

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you saying you would have kept the Rock Crusher if you had paid more for your amp?
I’m saying I would have kept the Rock Crusher if it wasAROUND the price of my amp.
I can get the sound I need from a pedal >a clean amp, but I wanted to know what the YBA & YSR sounded like dimed and powertubes really driving, without killing my ears or the neighbours.
I can do that now at a more reasonable price & sound level.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I just don't get what the price of your amp has to do with it. It seems irrelevant whereas the price of the attenuator is not (too much for what you get in return).

As for the clean amp with pedals, I completely agree. Having owned a ridiculous amount of attenuators from cheap to uber expensive, I have always gone back to pedals through a clean amp for low volume playing at home. It makes no sense to have a bunch of money tied up in an attenuator that sounds, at best, equal to pedals through a clean amp.

At any rate, glad you found a solution to your needs.

TG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts