The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just came across this new app on my IPhone! It allows you to see exactly what your eating and it breaks it down, carbs, protein, calcium etc.

You can follow it or use it as a guide line.

It's really made me very aware of some of the worthless crap I am eating but it taste so good!

Check it out! This is a couple of years old. Never even knew this existed but a coworker introduced me to it. Great app.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I've tried tracking my calories before and found some good techniques but find it hard to continue doing it for more than a couple weeks. I did it the old school method of creating a lookup table in Excel and tracking each day on a separate sheet. It certainly does allow you to see what you are eating.

I try to go with the philosophy of move every day, eat good foods most of the time and bad foods only some of the time. Be happy with yourself and if you aren't, make small changes to move towards where you want to be both physically and mentally.

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I use this app and have lost 50lb since December.
Want some advice? Log slightly lower calorie values and log less exercise time.
I am existing on 1000 calories a day! I can't honestly eat more then that. What I eat hits all the targets except for iron and vitamin A and C. Need to take supplements for this.

There are some days like yesterday that I had cheesecake and that puts me over the top sugar and carb wise. It's a cheat day once a week! I also ate some chips. You need to be able to cheat now and again.

It also has different calorie counts for canna edibles! That blew my mind! They have thought of almost everything.

I found out today that you can input and track supplements as well! Just take a pic of the bar code on your supplements. Some bar codes have to be inputted manually.

It truly is such a great app to have.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
I use this app and have lost 50lb since December.
Want some advice? Log slightly lower calorie values and log less exercise time.
That's amazing. Seriously. Congratulations

Would love to know how it went etc..... I'd love to loose 20 and even more 50!

·
Registered
9,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of people's problems stem from over eating! I eat until my hunger is satiated. I can't eat until I am full because I get really bad headaches. I would rather eat 10 very small snacks/meals throughout the day. I eat when I am feeling hungry and not this breakfast, lunch and dinner schedule regime. I know when I need food. Just listen to your body!

Buffets are not worth it for me! I can probably eat about $3 worth of food! Great for the rest of the family though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts