The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh Canada!! Just thought i would drop in and make a post to qualify for the BYOC pedal. I decided to do a personal tribute to our friends and allies in the great Nation of Canada. Heres some pics. Theres my Vintage Tudor Hockey game featuring the Leafs and the Canadians. Then theres four vintage 8 tracks. See if you can tell who the bands are. Lastly, theres the troll mountie. Am I off my rocker? You bet!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Thanks for the tribute.... for living in Texas you have a lot of Canadian paraphenalia there.... glad to see it. :food-smiley-004:

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I've been to Texas (once), went to Austin for a conference. It was 110 degrees every day and sunny. Nice people down there, too. Great fried chicken.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zdogma said:
I've been to Texas (once), went to Austin for a conference. It was 110 degrees every day and sunny. Nice people down there, too. Great fried chicken.
I see you lucked out into some cooler weather!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Is Moving Pictures so old that it was actually offered in 8 track?
Wow, so its true...........I really am old. :frown:

Its pretty cool to know that there are some south of the border who show an interest in what goes on up here! :food-smiley-004:

Are you sure you are not Canadian?

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ne1roc said:
Is Moving Pictures so old that it was actually offered in 8 track?
Wow, so its true...........I really am old. :frown:

Its pretty cool to know that there are some south of the border who show an interest in what goes on up here! :food-smiley-004:

Are you sure you are not Canadian?
DAAAAAAD!!!!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
well gereld...we could make you an honorary Canadian...just put the "eh" at the end of the sentence instead of at the beginning, like New Yorkers, and you`d fit right in. No perks or benefits to being one of us, just that when you go to Quebec and hear ...mange d`la merde...you know what it means.... and I`m from Montreal so no need for Quebecers here to take offence.
Let it be written.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right eh! We'll slug a few Labatts Blue and then find us some hot blooded Canadian wenches eh! Those women are hot blooded and know how to keep a man warm on a Cold night eh! ( hows that-I'm practicing).

·
Registered
635 Posts
There's a very important thing to understand about the use of "eh". Contrary to what most Americans think, it's not just a word tacked on to every second sentence. It's used at the end of certain sentences where you're looking for an acknowledgement from the person you're talking with. Such as:

"Cold out tonight, eh?"

"That's some great beer, eh?"

And not just tacked on to declarative sentences like:

"I'm going to leave in five minutes. EH."

"Could you iron my shirt? EH."

It's a very British thing, actually. I'm not sure if you've ever seen the BBC version of The Office, but "eh?" is used essentially the same way as the David Brent signature "yeah?".

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
yes if you over do the eh`s, folks will know you`re an imposter. Canuckistanis posting here would be a good place to start on the proper use of eh eh.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Eh

sneakypete said:
yes if you over do the eh`s, folks will know you`re an imposter. Canuckistanis posting here would be a good place to start on the proper use of eh eh.
Do most Canadians talk like that? Most of the people I know including myself never use eh in our vernacular.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Imagine what it's like on GuitarsKazakhstan.com .....eh? One or 2 comedians and suddenly America knows all about your culture...:wave:

Gerald, you are among friends here :food-smiley-004:

the top right 8 track is BTO Head On....."looking Out for #1" on that one....but that year Leonard Cohen won the Juno for best vocal:tongue: (I'm probably off by a year or two).

Eight tracks, for those who are too young (or were/are too high:banana: ).....were the s^&* they were so great they sounded slightly better than mp3 but since the album was divided into 4, 2 tracks would fade out and restart. I still hear EZ Rider like that(Jimi).

Andy

·
Registered
319 Posts
Xanadu said:
what the hell is that?
:eek:
That.......my young friend are 8 track tapes.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
sysexguy said:
Imagine what it's like on GuitarsKazakhstan.com .....eh? One or 2 comedians and suddenly America knows all about your culture...:wave:

Gerald, you are among friends here :food-smiley-004:

the top right 8 track is BTO Head On....."looking Out for #1" on that one....but that year Leonard Cohen won the Juno for best vocal:tongue: (I'm probably off by a year or two).

Eight tracks, for those who are too young (or were/are too high:banana: ).....were the s^&* they were so great they sounded slightly better than mp3 but since the album was divided into 4, 2 tracks would fade out and restart. I still hear EZ Rider like that(Jimi).

Andy
I'll never forget the big clunking sound in our family car when Hotel California would hit the end of a track and change to the next one (mid song of course)... probably the reason they didn't stick around too long.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts