The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, hopefully some others will join the forum and post their rigs as well.

-MF (Michel Fournelle) custom 5 string
-Gallien Krueger 800RB
-Korg rack tuner
-V-shock power conditioner
-Yorkville XC808
-Behringer BDI21 Bass Driver pedal
-Behringer BEQ700 Bass EQ pedal
-Washburn Chorus pedal

I also have a Vantage 5 string bass as a backup which is currently for sale. I need a fretless again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll bite.

I have recently scaled-down my rig in order to promote better health for my back, plus I'm not playing those 10k + seat venues like I used to;)

Current set-up:

Previous incarnation:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geoff C said:
ART TCS tube compressor. I ditched that as well as the Eden has onboard compression.

What's the wieght like on that 8x8?
115lbs or so. Great on flat surfaces with tilt-back casters, but a bear getting in and out of car, down stairs etc... Gotta be better than a 8x10 though.
Handles on both sides, top and bottom, so lots of room for helpers.

I had decided to get a 210 for on top of my 410 until I heard the 8x8. Traded the 410 on it plus the cash I had saved for an Avatar 210. Awesome sounding cab!

·
Registered
7 Posts
james on bass said:
115lbs or so. Great on flat surfaces with tilt-back casters, but a bear getting in and out of car, down stairs etc... Gotta be better than a 8x10 though.
Handles on both sides, top and bottom, so lots of room for helpers.

I had decided to get a 210 for on top of my 410 until I heard the 8x8. Traded the 410 on it plus the cash I had saved for an Avatar 210. Awesome sounding cab!
Casters and handles would definitely be a selling point for a cab that weight. I have yet to hear such a configuration, though I do recall experiencing a 9x8 under an SVT long before I had an interest in bass, and all I can recall was it was loud.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well I guess I could post my small set up... nothing great...

Washburn 5 String
Washburn Acoustic/Electric 4 string
Warwick Corvette Fretless 4 string
Fender Bassman 100 (not the new one, this is the old combo)
Yorkville Bloc80B bass amp
Behringer BDI21
Behringer Bass Chorus (new one, can't remember #)
Zoom fx bass pedal

my main venue is church so often play through the house system.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice set up Harris. Some good axes there.

What do you think of the Behringer pedals? I have the BDI & EQ, and was thinking about the bass chorus as well. My chorus is for guitar, so it sometimes sounds a bit distorted on the lower notes. Do you have that problem with the bass chorus?

·
Registered
68 Posts
hey james
I used to use a standard guitar chorus on my bass, but was never really happy with the effect. My Zoom pedal (507 I believe) also has a chorus 'mode', but it's essentially the same as the guitar chorus, in that it modifies all the freqs passed through it, and like you mentioned, the bottom end tends to muddy up. The Behringer chorus BCH100 is modeled after the Boss CEB-3..
and has a shape contour control, so essentially, you can let the bottom end virtually pass through unmodified, and just effect the upper freqs. For my 5 string, I have the shape control about 11 o'clock, so my low B and E strings remain pretty much clean, and the A and above are chorused,, (nice sound I think, especially those slower ballad/gospel type tunes)..

The Behringer is built cheap and is cheap $ wise,,, it fit into my budget quite well,, but I will eventually move to the Boss pedal at some point I think..

The zoom pedal,, well, I've never used that in performance and doubt I will,, but, it's kinda cool to play with LOL..

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BHarris said:
hey james
I used to use a standard guitar chorus on my bass, but was never really happy with the effect. My Zoom pedal (507 I believe) also has a chorus 'mode', but it's essentially the same as the guitar chorus, in that it modifies all the freqs passed through it, and like you mentioned, the bottom end tends to muddy up. The Behringer chorus BCH100 is modeled after the Boss CEB-3..
and has a shape contour control, so essentially, you can let the bottom end virtually pass through unmodified, and just effect the upper freqs. For my 5 string, I have the shape control about 11 o'clock, so my low B and E strings remain pretty much clean, and the A and above are chorused,, (nice sound I think, especially those slower ballad/gospel type tunes)..

The Behringer is built cheap and is cheap $ wise,,, it fit into my budget quite well,, but I will eventually move to the Boss pedal at some point I think..

The zoom pedal,, well, I've never used that in performance and doubt I will,, but, it's kinda cool to play with LOL..
Thanks. I might just trade in my guitar one for the Behringer bass unit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Let's see:

MIA Fender Pbass Hotrod
MIA Fender Pbass
MIChina Fender Acoustic bass- yucko, it's my campfire and busking bass.

King Doublebass- Slap King

Mesa Boogie Walkabout
Mesa 2X10
Mesa/goodness knows what used to be in this cab before they installed the new speaker 1X15

Rickenbacker 6 string rescue item... not sure what the model is. I scraped it off when I had to remove the sewer sludge.:eek:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bassgirl9 said:
Let's see:

MIA Fender Pbass Hotrod
MIA Fender Pbass
MIChina Fender Acoustic bass- yucko, it's my campfire and busking bass.

King Doublebass- Slap King

Mesa Boogie Walkabout
Mesa 2X10
Mesa/goodness knows what used to be in this cab before they installed the new speaker 1X15

Rickenbacker 6 string rescue item... not sure what the model is. I scraped it off when I had to remove the sewer sludge.:eek:
That Ric was a nice score.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
My bass rig is almost non-existant. I plug my basses into my guitar rack and then into headphones. I have presets set up, and yes, I blow headphones from time to time. I also use a guitar thru the Roland VG8 to get bass tones, and thats alot of fun. I imagine soon I will pick up something like a Roland VBass system. I enjoy the VG8, and if the bass version is even half as good, it will be a great piece of gear..............

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
megadan said:
Lesse see
right now I have
SWR 350
Guild Quantum
into
SWR Big Ben (1x18)

with help from
Sansamp BDDI
Fulltone Bassdrive
DOD stereo flanger

Played by an SX P/J... saving my pennies for new 4003 though!

:cool:
Hey,
Good to see you here as well. You definitely have a number of the HCBF prerequisites covered in your rig.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
chrisgoodhue said:
Hey Megadan. I have a SWR350,just purchased and Avatar 210 Neo and i have a Fender 115. Will this be enough power to gig with?

Both your cabs are 8ohms right?

350Watts at 4 ohms is plenty of power to gig with.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts