The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
The song sounds good, but your signature should be R rated man lol

The guitar preserved from its feminine origin the curved lines of her body, and also the tendency of becoming very often whimsical and unpredictable....
:eek: :eek: :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GuitaristZ said:
The song sounds good, but your signature should be R rated man lol

:eek: :eek: :eek:
That long signature comes from Segovia's "my book of guitar", a book for teaching kids to learn guitar.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
cglover said:
That long signature comes from Segovia's "my book of guitar", a book for teaching kids to learn guitar.......
lol! sorry, I was just kidding man. Your song sounds really good though! I tried classical guitar for about a year, and did a couple songs, but nothing near as hard as the one you have there. Nice work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GuitaristZ said:
lol! sorry, I was just kidding man. Your song sounds really good though! I tried classical guitar for about a year, and did a couple songs, but nothing near as hard as the one you have there. Nice work!
I know you are kidding:) I like CG but did not find many local CG players. I will post something more later on....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Tremolando

cglover said:
Haven't played it for a long term. I grabbed it again on Saturday and record it in my guest room. Comments are welcome.

http://members.shaw.ca/mingweb/mp3/Tarrega_Recuerdos_de_la_alhambra.mp3

Regards,
Your tremolando on the melody is not smooth.......its choppy. You should hear the Sharon Isbin recording of this........so smooth and beautifully played. Yours is Not bad though..........I used to play this years ago myself but I dont own a classical anymore, planning to pick one up again though......a cheapy or a Bill Laskin...LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
cglover said:
Haven't played it for a long term. I grabbed it again on Saturday and record it in my guest room.
I think even being able to pronounce the title of this song is hard enough, let alone being able to play it mauahahahaa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rippinglickfest said:
Your tremolando on the melody is not smooth.......its choppy. You should hear the Sharon Isbin recording of this........so smooth and beautifully played. Yours is Not bad though..........I used to play this years ago myself but I dont own a classical anymore, planning to pick one up again though......a cheapy or a Bill Laskin...LOL
Thanks for the comments, yes I am still working on the tone ... hope I can generate the similar tone as David Russell some day.... I stopped playing for 15+ years but now picked CG again for 1+ year.
Hope you pick CG again soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Tone Zone

Yes.... good tone is the hardest thing to acquire (at least it was for me) and will be again once I get back into it.
my nails were also not very thick and have a twist to them when they start to grow. What I used to do was go to a nail salon every few weeks and have them glue on the thickest fake nails and then shape with a file and polish with 400 and 600 grit sandpaper.
after trying all sorts of nail growth things and breaking my real nails pretty much all the time.........it was the perfect solution.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top