The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 2003 AmSe Ash. I got it used, and the only thing even resembling a mark on it are the 2 little spots right below the control plate.

I took a close up of the grain because it's so darn nice. It's matched so well it's hard to believe it's 2 pieces.

it also came with the molded case etc.

I am very happy with it so far. I sold my CIJ 52' RI because I wanted something a little different, modern vintage I guess. While the neck on this isn't EXACTLY what I wanted it's a heck of a lot closer. I guess what I really want is something between a 7.5 and 9.5 radius with medium jumbo frets and between the CIJ 52' and this one in thickness :lol:

So far I like the bridge, but I don't know what I think of the tuners.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I,m a 2 HB/LP sort of person but I have always had a thing for Telecasters.....and you got yourself a beauty there torndownunit.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ONLY played humbucker guitars for my first 10 years playing guitar. In the last few years I started using mainly P-90's and single coils. I guess part of it is I have been playing a lot more clean music. I used to only play straight out R n' R with a lot of gain.

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Love to hear sound clips if you got them. :rockon2:

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no possible way of recording clips. I get asked all the time since I have some pretty neat gear. If I even attempted it with the cheap mics and stuff I have, it wouldn't do any of the gear justice.

I'd love to do some clips of the Tele into my Princeton Reverb. That is pretty much tone heaven.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I really love the finish. May I be so bold as to suggest an upgrade? There is a guy in guelph who makes compensated brass telecaster saddles for a great price. They actually make a set to convert 6 saddle bridges into 3 brass sadles but it only works on the modern offset saddle style (ie. yours)

http://www.projectconsultants.com/GTsadllesPages/gt623series.htm

I have a set of the standard 3 saddle compensated version which I dont have on my guitar yet, but the price is unbeatable, and the customer service is outstanding.

He replied to my email within the day, and delivered the saddles to me since I was in the area. can't beat that

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yerffej, both previous Teles I have owned had 3 saddles bridges, and before ordering the guitar I was pretty convinced I would upgrade this one to 3 saddle. But I really am not minding the 6 saddle bridge that much. When I was Tele shopping this time, I wanted something a little less bright sounding and the 6 saddle bridge helps contribute to that I think.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Well I don't like the look tele's, as im sure everybody here knows. But you really can't beat the tone.
congrats man:food-smiley-004:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts