The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
All the way to ten
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Courtesy of GuitarsOfAmerica on E-bay. Great guy, Great service. I had heard a lot of good things about Steve so I took the plunge and this is what showed up on my doorstep this morning:

The nice thing is, it cost me less than a regular production LP, even after coming across the border.:smile:

I apologize for the size of the pictures.

·
All the way to ten
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can we discuss price here? Some of the other forums won't allow you to do that. Slightly less than $3kCAN all in, I lucked out with UPS coming across the border. I love the high dollar!

·
Registered
635 Posts
J S Moore said:
Can we discuss price here? Some of the other forums won't allow you to do that. Slightly less than $3kCAN all in, I lucked out with UPS coming across the border. I love the high dollar!
Can't discuss price? What the heck is that?

Nice guitar, by the way.

·
All the way to ten
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nine said:
Can't discuss price? What the heck is that?

Nice guitar, by the way.

Thank you. Seriously, there is another guitar forum that does not allow price discussions on new instruments that you have purchased. At least that is the way I understand it. It might have something to do with the people who have paid to advertise on it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
beautiful!
That guy is aka basque_man, isn't he?
He moves a lot of Gibsons at good prices, and has a really good rep.

·
Premium Member
16,553 Posts
It's nice, but with a spray can of tremclad you could easily cover up the grain that seems to be showing through the finish.

Chr1st, for that kind of money you'd think they'd put a thi:eek: cker coat on it.

·
All the way to ten
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dwagar said:
beautiful!
That guy is aka basque_man, isn't he?
He moves a lot of Gibsons at good prices, and has a really good rep.
Same guy. Changed his name to GuitarsOfAmerica. Good prices and quick shipping. Well as quick as anything when you are seriously jonesing to have it in your hands.

The neck is beautiful. From some comments on the Historic necks I expected it to be thicker, but it's just right.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Milkman said:
It's nice, but with a spray can of tremclad you could easily cover up the grain that seems to be showing through the finish.

Chr1st, for that kind of money you'd think they'd put a thi:eek: cker coat on it.
Huh , you're joking right ?

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
defineatly a looker, you got yourself a beaut there.... if it plays as good as it looks then it must be heaven.... congrats. Drool

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I'll bet a loonie right now those pickups are changed, well, quite soon.

lol

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Give me a plain top burst over a flame or quilt anytime.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts