The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Douglas arrived last week, but I only just now got a chance to take some pics.

My rig is at my guitarist's so I have not had the chance to test-drive it fully. My practice rig adds a bit of noise, so I can't base the sound on that.

The bass is very nice IMO. Fit and finish is nearly perfect, but there are a couple small things you wouldn't find on a higer end bass. The body wood has two small flaws, or stains if you will, and it looks like one of the neck screws wasn't countersunk as much as the other 4. Other than that, it is great.

The neck is totally flawless! Feels so silky smooth, and not one wonky or sharp fret. Neck did not need any adjusting. I lowered the bridge saddles a bit to lower the action (very nice adjustable bridge). Intonation was spot on.

I might have to sheild the cavity better, but won't know for sure until I test drive it with my rig.

All in all, a phenominal bass for $283CAN delivered to my door!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
james on bass said:
All in all, a phenominal bass for $283CAN delivered to my door!!
Congratulations, James! That's pretty cool - it would be pretty much impossible to buy the wood and hardware for that price before delivery let alone a finished bass. Even if you ultimately decide you don't like it you should be able to dump it for what you got it for. Now I'll expect so hear some comping on the bass in a soundclip before long :tongue: .

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Holy 6-string Batman:food-smiley-004:

<3 <3 <3

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
james on bass said:
It's been a long time. It feels good again havin' that big slab of lumber.
yeah, i know the feeling

4-strings feel so thin now lol.:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hammer744 said:
<whispers in James' ear> You need an 8-string...

None

:rockon:
An 8 or 10 string (octaves) would be cool, but I just can't see it getting much playing time. I did almost get an 8 string, though I figured the 6'er would be a bit more versatile.

I'm thinking a smaller cab or start in on some more PA equipment will be where the next round of gig money goes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good Lord. I couldn't play that to save my life. I don't even know what I'd do with 6 strings.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Now that you had some time to play with your new bass, what do you think?
Are you or did you make some changes to it or just happy with it as is.

The price you paid was amazing and if it has the quality to back it up then you did well.

Bev

1 - 20 of 22 Posts