The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a nr. mt 1980 Gibson SG Firebrand(see the branded logo) "The SG" guitar. Its a bit of an oddball. A slate black ebony board , and a 4 piece solid WALNUT body! and two T-Top Gibson 'buckers. Its got a monster sound in the neck pup, but the bridge pup definitly must be replaced. O yea. By the way, if you get a chance to buy a old T-Top humbucker , do so! An amazing pup! I cant get the ergonomics of the guitar-nor have I ever been able to adapt 100% to SG's, which makes Angus' skill all the more amazing.I'm keeping this ba-bay -

·
Registered
698 Posts
Freakin SWEEEEEEEEEET!!! Drool I'm slobbering like a baby here.

I actually had a shot at a matched pair of Firebrands back about 10 years ago. Actually one was a SG very similar to this, and the other was a Flying V. Not sure if the V was a firebrand or not, but it was a matching finish to the SG.

Why didn't I pull the trigger you ask? Cause I'm an idiot...plain & simple.

·
Banned
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mandocaster said:
Niiiiice! Does it sustain like a chinook wind?
Maybe not, but it does "Chinook", like a sustaining wind, and theres probably not all that much difference !:tongue: By the way, is that where "Chinook" Salmon come from??

·
Registered
208 Posts
gerald guerrero said:
Maybe not, but it does "Chinook", like a sustaining wind, and theres probably not all that much difference !:tongue: By the way, is that where "Chinook" Salmon come from??
No, chinook salmon are a Pacific Ocean species. "Chinook" is Blood Indian for "snow eater", an allusion to the fierce winds which howl down from the Rockies, bringing warm air with them and literally wiping snow, and everything else, off the map. If you've ever been from northwestern Montana to southwestern Alberta, you'd notice the chinook, even if the wind isn't blowing at the time...everything leans away from the mountains.

As to why the salmon got the monicker, haven't a clue....except maybe that they spawn in the snowmelted waters coming from the great divide.

Holy tchit, yer guitar is becoming a cultural icon overnight....lol:banana: :tongue:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
a zebra T Top? That's cool.

Can we get a close up of it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts