The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
RIFF WRATH said:
just quickly browsed your site.
looks good.now you have it posted here it is easy access for us.
cheers
RIFF

+1 (or ++ :tongue: )

Except for the Leaf's jersey :tongue:

·
Premium Member
10,948 Posts
Just a personal gripe...it drives my crazy when the first string is referred to as the "bottom string". I prefer "e string" or "first string", but I do understand that the website advertised is aiming for the amateur, self taught market (otherwise it wouldn't be free internet information) so anything goes. Coming from a piano and vocal background where top and bottom might casually refer to pitch rather than altitude, I've never made the reverse adjustment even after 35 years of playing guitar.

Fwiw, the same link has been posted to another forum I frequent. Looks like it's mostly for adverising rather than discussion to me, and I don't think it's so "new". Where's the income in such sites anyway?

Anyway, I dig the Maple Leaf jersey.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Mooh said:
Fwiw, the same link has been posted to another forum I frequent. Looks like it's mostly for adverising rather than discussion to me, and I don't think it's so "new". Where's the income in such sites anyway?
Take a wild guess. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
Bob's 5 posts are to his sites of video lessons. I guess he feels that his contribution. Hopefully he'll read this and become a member of our community with some normal posting or we might have to cut him off.
I guess Mr. Crispy isn't so "crispy" after all...har har har....:eek:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
As far as I can tell, He's doing it for free - the ads on his website benifit the free hosting service, not him. I'm sure he must give private lessons to pay his bills.

If guitars canada wanted to set up a lessons section for this site with a similar format, I would donate the hosting services for it. I think this comunity could benifit from supporting Canadian guys like Bob.

Just a thought...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts