The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in terms of initial impressions, Tarl is bang on so I'll just get to the pics... She's a beaut!

A big thanks to Kevin @ JSD's Guitar Shack.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love a white LP with gold hardware..... super sexy man. I've never liked the feel of a LP but man do I love looking at em', there just soo damn sexy.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Right on Jcon! Exactly like mine...a real beauty.
I think you will love it. Kevin is a great guy to deal with, I,m thinking of another one in the fall. The neck feels great to me....let me know what you think. What amp are you running her through?
Enjoy :rockon:

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still getting used to the neck. Feels good, but I've been playing my ESP LTD EC1000 lately which has a thinner neck (and body). I'm using my "office" setup right now - one of the perks of being practically self employed, my brother owns the company (and he's got a couple of basses here too). Just running it through a Zoom 707II and a Marshall ValveState VS65R - nothing fancy. Once I get it home I'll put it through my POD XT Live and a couple M-Audio studio monitors. Already sounds great though - nice and deep without getting too muddy.
A few months ago I was trying to track down an Epi Elitist LP Custom in white, but no one around Toronto had one in stock and they actually seemed reluctant to order one (with the exception of 'the Guitar Shop', although their price was WAY out of line). I sort of gave up on the white LP for a while, then I saw your post. Sure glad the Epi didn't pan out - saved some cash and I like the Tokai's over all look better to boot (The Epi's got a pickguard and gold pickups that don't thrill me).

·
Registered
874 Posts
If it,s the same as mine....8.5 lbs

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That doesn't help the GAS thread, there's people over there looking for help !

Beauty guitar you got there, now I'm having GAS pains..... :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts