The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided to upgrade the pots and cap in my Jr. Bourns pots, matched pair 480 ohms going with a.. 0047 uf PIO cap and vintage braided wire 50's style. I don't use the tone knob much as I find standard values a bit dark. The smaller cap seems to thicken the sound a bit even when the tone is wide open. This is just enough to roll off the highs. I've not soldered everything to the tone pot in case my cutout is off a bit. Once I solder that twisted ground wire it's not going to want to move. I'll wire up the jack later today
20170806_001206.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well that design above doesn't work. Could not get the wire through the jack hole. Serves me right for copying someone else's design. As you can see the wire going to the jack has been re routed. Also had a problem with the switchcraft jack I used the first try. WTF is this style jack used for? I could not get the neutrik to work with it. Plugged in halfway it is shorted, and plugged in all the way it is shorted.

_DSC0003.JPG _DSC0004.JPG _DSC0005.JPG _DSC0002.JPG

·
Premium Member
17,162 Posts
Try reshaping the spring steel contact to the tip (with pliers) to stop it from shorting.

OR...I wonder, like you, if it was designed to short for some purpose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts