The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Great blues..sorta chunky player with sweet tones. Cool for oldies rock too! A definite keeper!

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Wow, $600 Canadian is a good deal for one of those Pro Jet's. How do you like the pickups? I have heard very mixed reviews about the pickups in those. How is the weight as well?

At some point I think I am destined to get some type of Gretsch.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
I've been playing my bandmate's Gretch lately and its very cool. Now I want one of my own. Not sure of the model, but here's a pic..

·
Registered
748 Posts
Congrats on the new guitar.

you might have seen my thread from about a week and a half ago about me picking up a new gretsch, it sounds fantastic...
seriously, these new gretsch guitars are a bang - for - the - buck - guitar.

I dont know if your's has a bone nut, but if it doesn't, I suggest you swap it out ASAP. you'll be reaping the rewards of that small investment for as long as you choose to own the guitar.

once again, Congrats!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That price is before the trade-in!
The mini-humbuckers are very lush & definately a Gretsch trademark sound.
The Ellectromatic Series is where you find these babys on the website. :food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the nice compliments too, it is a fun guitar..can even get those BTO sounds on it! :rockon2:

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
That price is before the trade-in!
The Ellectromatic Series is where you find these babys on the website. :food-smiley-004:

AH, that makes more sense! The electromatic series is a lot cheaper than the professional models. I was confused confused because I thought you bought this for $600:
http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear/index.php?product=G6128T&cat1=&cat2=&q=&st=1

Do you know what the retail price of YOUR guitar is? The must not have given you much on your EPI trade in because you are essentially trading an EPI for a Gretsch's "EPI level" line of guitars.

TG

·
Registered
17 Posts
gotta love those guitars.. a friend of mine has one.. i played it once.. went out and bought a similar model but a cheaper one.. it sounded like crap.. so i took it back and got the Gretsch.. I've been in love ever since

1 - 20 of 28 Posts