The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my first batch of Gorgomyte fret cleaning cloths today
I haven’t used them before and I actually got turned on to this brand through a couple of postings that I saw on this great forum
Thank you community for your recommendation!
I will try these soon and post my feedback

Attachments

· Registered
580 Posts
I've been using it for a while now --- great stuff. Don't be fooled into thinking that after using it, that the black on the cloth is dirt/grime. It's just what happens to the cloth when using it (dunno why). You might notice a bit of black gunk on your fingers if playing immediately afterwards and you don't wipe the fretboard down well. I use a face cloth to wipe the fretboard clean after using Gorgomyte.

And don't use it on gold plated pickup covers or tailpieces --- it'll remove the finish!

· Registered
12,828 Posts
I'll fold that piece in half and do five or six frets (and the board along the way) then scrub those down with a paper towel.
I then flip the cloth upside down and do another five or six then wipe off.

Then turn the cloth inside out and do the rest of the board.

I always start at the body and work my way towards the nut, leaving the dirtiest frets for last.

Wash your hands after using the cloth.

· Premium Member
20,328 Posts
And don't use it on gold plated pickup covers or tailpieces --- it'll remove the finish!
It took the gold finish off the tuners on my Yamaha acoustic. Once I realized what was happening, it took me a long time to remove a similar amount gold to try to match each tuner...LOL.

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.