The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Lowtones

Very nice.....I love the body style

I also think it would look better with the knobs in a row.

:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
the F holes are very nice. But I am going to have to say I like the knobs in a triangular pattern not stright in a row. But I would put them a little spread, maybe the switch knob a little further away than the volume or tone.

I assume its going to be carved? Is it reversed (the pic) or is it a lefty?

AJC

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ajcoholic said:
the F holes are very nice. But I am going to have to say I like the knobs in a triangular pattern not stright in a row. But I would put them a little spread, maybe the switch knob a little further away than the volume or tone.

I assume its going to be carved? Is it reversed (the pic) or is it a lefty?

AJC
Yes it's a carved top Lefty. I got a good start on the carving today. It should look Ok. Unfortunately I will be away for the next two months so it's going to have to sit untouched for a while. I have the fretboard with inlays finished so that's another time consuming job out of the way. I will get it glued on the neck tomorrow and then put it away. I have a lot to do before I take off... I left the knobs where they were, It was really a matter of practicality. I didn't want to have to see the the pots throught the F holes.
It still needs a fair amout of shaping around the horns but here is where I left this evening.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/lowtones/F-Holes1.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts