The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter was showing off yesterday and took the following pics. Any parents would love them.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Much nicer pics than a number of years ago when I caught my son steeling.

Fortunately, he has grown a lot since then and has seen the light.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Cools pics. Hey Bobb, does your son still play steel? If he keeps up with it somewhat, I can see that as being a huge feather in his cap down the road.

I need some current "music" pics of my girls, but here's one for the thread...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Cools pics. Hey Bobb, does your son still play steel? If he keeps up with it somewhat, I can see that as being a huge feather in his cap down the road.
Unfortunately, he never got started. His real interest in playing didn't kick in until about 12.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Some years ago, daughter # 2 sitting on a big ole Martin Stack after sound check at one of my shows.
Cute little girl! I also "numbered" my two girls as Daughter #1 and #2.

Did you call yours #2 from the same inspiration - "The Cat In the Hat"? You remember, Thing 1 and Thing 2!:smile:

:food-smiley-004:

·
Premium Member
16,639 Posts
Cute little girl! I also "numbered" my two girls as Daughter #1 and #2.

Did you call yours #2 from the same inspiration - "The Cat In the Hat"? You remember, Thing 1 and Thing 2!:smile:

:food-smiley-004:

LOL, no sorry. No Doctor Seuss inspiration.

I just don't like to post my kids names on the internet. She's 18 now and I'm training her as a sound tech.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
18 huh? :wink: LOL kidding... you look like you could own guns. :eek:

That before and after pic bobb posted is freaky. The facial features stayed the same but everything else changed. :rockon2:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
That before and after pic bobb posted is freaky. The facial features stayed the same but everything else changed. :rockon2:
The more things change, the more they remain the same. The pics were taken at age 7 and again at 15.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My daughter was showing off yesterday and took the following pics. Any parents would love them.
LOL, she's rocking it Hendrix style. Very cute.

I've thought about wearing diapers when we play as well. Would save all those trips to the bathroom in between sets.:smile:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Here's a link to lots of pictures showing my son, the drummer (second from left in the shot below), playing in Seoul with his band "The Funkups". http://www.myspace.com/thefunkups

He also plays in what has to be one of Korea's only Celtic Fusion groups, "Saint John The Gambler". http://www.myspace.com/saintjohnthegambler

Oh, to be young (and constantly assaulted by Asian Groupies!) :bow:

·
Premium Member
16,639 Posts
The more things change, the more they remain the same. The pics were taken at age 7 and again at 15.
LOL, no guns. I'm the least likely person to ever own a gun.

In spite of a rather serious appearance I'm a passifist by nature. As long as you don't endanger me or those I care about you have nothing to fear from me.

She's quite able to take care of herself.

·
Registered
14,710 Posts
Nice pictures--I'm looking for the one of my sister when she was little--it's the only picture I have of my first guitar (cheap-o acoustic.)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Here's a link to lots of pictures showing my son, the drummer (second from left in the shot below), playing in Seoul with his band "The Funkups". http://www.myspace.com/thefunkups

He also plays in what has to be one of Korea's only Celtic Fusion groups, "Saint John The Gambler". http://www.myspace.com/saintjohnthegambler

Oh, to be young (and constantly assaulted by Asian Groupies!) :bow:
Great music. I'll try to catch one of their gigs next time I'm up in his neck of the woods.

PS. I think I know your son from university. PM sent.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Hey guys, this is a great thread, I have a question as I have a two year old that I'm hoping will be musical. I hope that I inspire her as my Dad did me, but is there anything in particular you did to encourage them? My bro has 3 kids that have zero interest and the more he pushes them the less interest they have. At any rate my daughter airbands at this time (she's a drummer lol) and I really hope she loves music like I do. Any advice?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I play guitar with my daughter. I found that when I do something with Zoe she more interested. And when she plays I always say good job and give her a high five.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts