The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,697 Posts
I liked, but I cringe when I see people bothering animals for their enjoyment. ex. I can't watch babies ride dogs. I feel like punting them off.

View attachment 220116
while I wouldnt call that video particularly charming, for the reason you give (I look forward to some better ones!), your boys never teased your GR puppies?
Unless their fruity, I call BS.

The way I see it, if no harm or torment is being done to the animal, its their job to put with some harmless shenanigans as part of their free room and board and getting to watch me for years wipe up their piss and pick up their shit after them.
It doesnt tke much to annoy some cats. they can deal with it.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trust me, its not teasing or tormenting. We have had Roofis 12 years now and he loves playing a bit rough. He gets in Bitey mode.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
while I wouldnt call that video particularly charming, for the reason you give (I look forward to some better ones!), your boys never teased your GR puppies?
Unless their fruity, I call BS.

The way I see it, if no harm or torment is being done to the animal, its their job to put with some harmless shenanigans as part of their free room and board and getting to watch me for years wipe up their piss and pick up their shit after them.
It doesnt tke much to annoy some cats. they can deal with it.
I assure you, my son has never "annoyed" my dogs. Teasing is different.

I treat animals exactly like people. The only difference is that I treat them like a person that can't defend themselves. My wife threatened her niece saying that she'll do exactly what she does to our dog back to her - after she went to press in my old dogs eye (she cried, and never pulled that shit again). Three weekends ago I ran after some prick who left his dog in a car with all the expectation of having shit go down. My wife stayed at the car ready to bust a window, if the dog got lethargic. I lost him in the crowd, but my wife gave him an earful. Apparently, he thought because he was running the AC while the car was on, the dog would be ok. The dog was fine, but still....10 minutes in 35 degrees?

Keep in mind that, since I do treat dogs as people, I will happily boot-fuck one that deserves it - just like any person who deserves it. I've kicked a dog down a flight of stairs for biting me in the ankle (twice) when I was in my 20s.

·
Administrator
402 Posts
I don't do Facebook, either... because I don't want to get bombarded with people's kid videos, etc, etc... ;-)

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is of the opinion that a nine year old shouldn't be after "likes" on the internet. What happened to just being happy that someone you actually know says "great job!" to your face?

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
I don't do Facebook, either... because I don't want to get bombarded with people's kid videos, etc, etc... ;-)

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is of the opinion that a nine year old shouldn't be after "likes" on the internet. What happened to just being happy that someone you actually know says "great job!" to your face?
I don't want to pile on the OP as I think its a harmless cute video, but I wish more people would make their kid go outside. There's a whole world out there that isn't digital.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

What happened to just keeping your stupid opinions to yourself? No one asked you to look at this thread, or make not one, but two useless replies? Its a fun little video that I wanted to share. My daughter goes to the pool every day and we boat and fish. She just likes to see her video getting a few views and you miserable bastards show up.
You should spend more time on facebook and get a friggin' life.

I know this site is not really moderated any more, but if it is, can you please delete this thread?? I had no idea only the grouchy miserable old bastards would show up.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts

It's a different world now. Take it or leave it, but I sure hope you don't judge it. My buddy's 6 year old Grandson just made his first Youtube video on some random toys and talked about them. He told everyone that was at the house on the weekend, but there are a lot of friends and family that don't actually live in the same Province, never mind city. DIdn't you like those little "Gold Stars" you got when you did something good in school? Likes are the same thing a pretty much. It's not a biggy.

@capnjim , cute video. Looks like that's a Siamese you have there. Compared to some of them I've seen, that one was pretty damn laid back. I gave it a like.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
What happened to just keeping your stupid opinions to yourself? No one asked you to look at this thread, or make not one, but two useless replies? Its a fun little video that I wanted to share. My daughter goes to the pool every day and we boat and fish. She just likes to see her video getting a few views and you miserable bastards show up.

I know this site is not really moderated any more, but if it is, can you please delete this thread?? I had no idea only the grouchy miserable old bastards would show up.
Its only miserable old bastards like us that play guitar and frequent guitar forums. All the young non miserable people are too busy on facebook and playing guitar hero.:D

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts

Sorry (sincerely) , I didn't mean for it to go this route. I expected to be yelled at a bit (not turn it into a lynching). I don't know your cat, and you're in a better position to understand the situation than I am. I'm just a psychopath when it comes to animal stuff. I watch too many animal abuse videos (with a happy ending - I ain't sick), and I think it may be doing me more harm than good.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problem. I usually am the one that ends up with scratches. he has been playing this game since he was a kitten. Sometimes he will come up and nip my leg because he want to play.
That was actually pretty tame and gentle compared to some of our fights. I can get down on my hands and knees and he will leap at me. Siamese cats are pretty unique animals.

·
Premium Member
9,697 Posts
OP, some things "you just had to be there for....".

My 8yr old daughter started a YT channel last year and was putting up all sorts of vids, most of them sucked, and I had to tell her, look...there needs to be something interesting, unexpected, funny, clever, a story or something. You aren't going to get a million subscribers if you post a video of you colouring in a colouring book barely staying within the lines without even talking...and other mundane nonsense.

So I suggested, to her, why don't you have a channel where for example, you show kids your age how to do various cleaning around the house, tackle a different chore in each vid...moms would love it, kids might relate to it, etc. She did one vid, wasnt comfortable with narrating her actions, got bored of it and hasn't brought it up since. :)

·
Premium Member
9,697 Posts
Well she is only nine, so try to keep your comments to yourself or here where she can't read them. It will be hard for you, but you don't have to be a dick all the time.
respectfully, Jim, she prob shouldn't be on this forum where ppl use words like dick a lot :)

This doesn't need to be a negative experience. Thinking that a first time vid is going to be loved and adored by all is unrealistic. encourage her to brainstorm some ideas, make 10 vids then pick the best one. And then still expect that it may not be everyones cup of tea.
That's how you prepare a kid for the real world.
Didn't gretzky say "the harder I work, the luckier I get"? every kid should be taught this.
At the age of 8+, the easy automatic praise from child-like cuteness is wearing thin...theyre going to have to start earning it.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
I hope no one would say anything too derogatory for a young child to see. But this video I think has more relevance for relatives, (nana, papa) as it wasn't that funny. To the OP and his daughter I'm sure it was. Everyone thinks their children and pets are the cutest, funniest, etc. The OP didn't exactly get the reaction he thought he would and this is why. But keep shooting cause you never know when your kitty will do something truly funny. The Internet is full of animal and children videos that are hilarious.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
OP, some things "you just had to be there for....".

My 8yr old daughter started a YT channel last year and was putting up all sorts of vids, most of them sucked, and I had to tell her, look...there needs to be something interesting, unexpected, funny, clever, a story or something. You aren't going to get a million subscribers if you post a video of you colouring in a colouring book barely staying within the lines without even talking...and other mundane nonsense.

So I suggested, to her, why don't you have a channel where for example, you show kids your age how to do various cleaning around the house, tackle a different chore in each vid...moms would love it, kids might relate to it, etc. She did one vid, wasnt comfortable with narrating her actions, got bored of it and hasn't brought it up since. :)
Exactly. My grand daughter uploaded a couple of videos. I didn't post them here or anywhere else. Cause I realized that it would most likely only be cute\funny to me. I clicked like on it as did my wife and my grand daughters other nana and papa.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts