The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,207 Posts
This past summer I was working for a small magazine. This is a totally legitimate business, that regularly takes credit card numbers over the phone and online for subscriptions and advertising. They had about 10 computers in the office, all running pirated copies of windows. Because of this they couldn't get the windows security updates. They also didn't have any anti-virus software on the computers. It took me about a day and a half on each computer to clean it up to where I would even feel safe logging into email from it. They each had between 200 and 400 viruses that I cleaned up. Who knows what I may have missed. Any of those viruses could have collected credit card numbers, names, addresses, phone numbers, etc, of every subscriber and advertiser the magazine dealt with. Even dealing with legitimate companies isn't safe if those companies are run by idiots.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.