The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
I haven't heard of Casio in years. Apparently, in addition to watches, they make everything from digital cameras to digital grand pianos.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Some of their stuff is okay, some is cheap and some is inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I bought an Invicta online for $50. Looks like a Rolex and retails for $600. Workings quit after a week. Rather than send it back to the US and deal with that bullshit I took it to my watch guy. Watch guy said "No problem, I'll put Casio works in it, will never give you a problem". Charged me $25 all in. I ended up with a kick ass watch for $75. Still going strong after 5+ years. Casio...it tells time.

·
Registered
24,144 Posts
I bought one of these things while we were in Scotland, recently. Can run off some coin cells and has all sorts of programming and I/O capabilities, including having an onboard display and accelerometer for sensing movement. It was intended as a learning tool for school-kids but how long until some doofus makes a bomb using one, and makes purchase a suspicious act?

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Casio watch I bought was used by Al Qaeda for bomb making. There were apparently US government memos that people who were it are terrorists, and was also seen being worn by Bin Laden in his videos.

Wanna come over for a glass of milk?

·
Premium Member
9,499 Posts
...The Casio watch I bought was used by Al Qaeda for bomb making. There were apparently US government memos that people who were it are terrorists, and was also seen being worn by Bin Laden in his videos.....

trying to turn a cheap nerd item into something badass.....lol

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought one of these things while we were in Scotland, recently. Can run off some coin cells and has all sorts of programming and I/O capabilities, including having an onboard display and accelerometer for sensing movement. It was intended as a learning tool for school-kids but how long until some doofus makes a bomb using one, and makes purchase a suspicious act?
You took that out of a vibrator, didn't you?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts