The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Haven't met too many Guitar players that like vintage gear but not vintage cars (and I have to keep my posts up to win the pedal contest). This is my brothers '69 GTO - a numbers car that I spent a few summers helping him restore.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,435 Posts
I was thinkin`....this guys brother has a goat? Possible if he lives in the sticks. Guess I`m not up to snuff on all the new terminology. Cool car.....er....goat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,274 Posts
Hamm Guitars said:
Haven't met too many Guitar players that like vintage gear but not vintage cars (and I have to keep my posts up to win the pedal contest). This is my brothers '69 GTO - a numbers car that I spent a few summers helping him restore.
I've had a hankering for a 67' Vette all my life. Never had any luck finding a fixer upper and well now you might as well buy a ferrari at the price the go for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeff Flowerday said:
I've had a hankering for a 67' Vette all my life. Never had any luck finding a fixer upper and well now you might as well buy a ferrari at the price the go for.
The GTO cost a pretty penny to restore - I would have gone with a new Vette for the money He dropped on this. He hired a bodyman to work weekends getting everything perfect. Everything is in showroom condition, so it is as close to you can get to a new car as it could be.

It turned out really nice and my bother had wanted a '69 GTO for as long as I can remember. It's nice to see someone get what they have been pining over all their life. He doesn't play guitar, but he makes GTO faces when he drives it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
You realize that's sheep right? But I guess in Tundra bay you take what you can get. :tongue:

We also realise this thread is about a car and not a goat.....but the title of the thread is what got our attention. :laugh please:
Also we are up with the times here in Tundra Bay....we don't discriminate against goats, sheep, horses, cows or donkeys....we are only prejudiced against ***s, ***s, ****s, ******s, ******s, people named Jeff and the G*vernm*nt. :food-smiley-015: :2guns:

And BTW....that IS my brothers goat........mine is prettier than that goldiggin' fat wh**e.

:banana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,274 Posts
searchin4signal said:
We also realise this thread is about a car and not a goat.....but the title of the thread is what got our attention. :laugh please:
Also we are up with the times here in Tundra Bay....we don't discriminate against goats, sheep, horses, cows or donkeys....we are only prejudiced against ***s, ***s, ****s, ******s, ******s, people named Jeff and the G*vernm*nt. :food-smiley-015: :2guns:

And BTW....that IS my brothers goat........mine is prettier than that goldiggin' fat wh**e.

:banana:

:food-smiley-004:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Gto

Hi Hamm.I've got a 70 GTO 455 that i've had since 1993.Engine out being rebuilt.43 now owned a GTO since I was 17.Great reliable fun cars.Wish I could post a pic but its in my 1 car garage and I ain't pushing it.Is your brothers car a Judge?Looks great.take care Rory
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Woodster said:
Hi Hamm.I've got a 70 GTO 455 that i've had since 1993.Engine out being rebuilt.43 now owned a GTO since I was 17.Great reliable fun cars.Wish I could post a pic but its in my 1 car garage and I ain't pushing it.Is your brothers car a Judge?Looks great.take care Rory
It's not a Judge, it is a numbers car from Rumble Potiac in Toronto - Everything is original except for the paint clour - it is supposed to be blue. Since he has changed the paint colour I have been bugging him about adding the RAM air intake (the hood inlets are blocked off on the other models), which is all this car is missing tp be badged a Judge (I'm actually not 100% sure on this though).

He kept the original Engine and had it re-built, but he cracked the block last year. He's had it fixed and magnafluxed just to keep the numbers matching.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
david henman said:
...is everybody's brother a car nut?

mine is. he had a GTO, too, i forget what year. even won a trophy competing in a pro drag race.

-dh
I'm a car nut myself, I think If I didn't put so much money into guitars my project car would be out of my garage and on ethe street where it belongs.

I have four older brothers, and only myself and one other has the bug.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top