The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were looking at each other like - "WTF?"

A bar manager for a place we are to play at next Friday & Saturday came to our show last night. After the set we spoke to him and he said he was impressed with our playing but that we will be too heavy for his bar and he's going to book someone else for next weekend. WTF? We bill ourselves as a classic rock band - Zeppelin , Hendrix, Cream, Rush, Beatles, Floyd, Sabbath, Deep Purple, RATM, etc... We always get compliments from people, young and older about our song choices and how well we play them.

He says the patrons like to be able to sing along to the band. I know some of the bands that play his establishment, and I'll be ****ed if I'm going to play "Down on the Corner", "Rave On", "Brown Eyed Girl", "Sweet Home Alabama" et al. I get nausious just thinking about over-played schmaltz like that.

At any rate - I guess next weekend will be spent with the family finally.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's about it.

I realize we are a cover band, basically a live juke box, but people at our shows really enjoy hearing songs they've heard before, but not just last week.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xanadu said:
that's why you dont play country-western bars.:food-smiley-015:

:tongue:

We were actually in country music territory last night, but they love their classic rock there almost as much, and really like us.

Funny you mention country, as I actually grabbed the Guitarist's spare Strat and sang "Ring of Fire" for everyone.

I played in a country band for a few years and still love REAL country.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.