The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered amp parts from 2 different suppliers on the same day. Got the first package 3 days ago. I got worried about the second the day after that becasue there was no tracking updates on CanPost since Apr 1. Then I checked the tracking on USPS and ROFL: Arizona > CA (fair that's the route) > Toronto (all good so far)> somehow got turned around before hitting Can Customs and back to LA > Then Louisville for some reason > Hamilton (what?) > Back to Toronto and now it looks like they are going to send it somewhere else again (my money is on LA , but this is just getting randomly unpredictable now). CanPost tracking has just a single additional update from Apr 4 saying departing LA to Toronto. Lucky I'm in no rush, so this is just hilarious. I have alerted the supplier I bought from and they're trying to call their USPS rep to get it sorted out; not their fault.

Tracking History
April 6, 2018, 9:45 am
Departed
TORONTO, CANADA
Your item departed a transfer airport in PEARSON INTERNATIONAL, TORONTO, CANADA on April 6, 2018 at 9:45 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
April 6, 2018, 9:25 am
Departed
TORONTO, CANADA
April 6, 2018, 6:10 am
Departed
HAMILTON, CANADA
April 6, 2018, 4:49 am
Departed
LOUISVILLE, UNITED STATES
April 6, 2018, 2:19 am
Departed
LOUISVILLE, UNITED STATES
April 5, 2018, 7:30 pm
Departed
LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES
April 5, 2018, 4:19 pm
Arrived
April 4, 2018, 4:16 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
April 2, 2018, 4:35 pm
Departed
TORONTO, CANADA
April 2, 2018, 9:02 am
Departed
April 1, 2018, 4:03 am
Arrived
April 1, 2018, 12:49 am
Processed Through Regional Facility
March 31, 2018, 10:22 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
March 31, 2018, 10:22 am
Arrived at Regional Facility
March 31, 2018, 10:05 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
March 31, 2018, 10:05 am
Arrived at Regional Facility
March 30, 2018
In Transit to Next Facility
March 29, 2018, 9:53 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
March 29, 2018, 10:51 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
March 29, 2018, 9:36 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
TEMPE, AZ 85283
March 28, 2018, 3:53 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
PHOENIX, AZ 85026
March 28, 2018, 10:57 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
TEMPE, AZ 85283

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
I have had shipments go like that too; not as screwey as yours to ridiculous to say the least. I've seen others claim the same thing. I wonder if it is tracking error rather than literally where the package ends up going. The reason I thought so with my shipment is because it got here so quickly after it was suppose to be sent back to the USA. I am going to ask at the post office if I remember the next time I am in there. If I get a definitive answer, I will let you know.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Pretty much all USPS shipments these days seem to go on North American Tours (new TLA, NAT :)). Yours is more cyclical than I’ve seen, but the general travel weirdness is not at all unusual. I sort of wonder if USPS employees have started to do that intentionally to milk as much out the US national postal service as possible, since any organization focused on large scale efficiency would nip this kind of nonsensical waste in the bud very quickly (or die).

On the other hand, possibly as result of similar carelessness, USPS doesn’t care about making revenue on customs brokerage/Canadian tax collections, so it almost always passes through unscathed by taxes. Not true for other carriers, UPS for example clearly views this as a major source of revenue and hence they trigger brokerage/tax collection on most packages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts