The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm green with envy...I bought my house for the yard, but it ain't nearly as nice as yours. Unfortunately a bunch of my big trees have died so I need to work some landscape magic. Any suggestions? Where did you get your fountain and pond?:smile:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I grew up in a town of 220, have lived in a town of 24 people but now live in a metropolis of 3500. I tried the city thing a few times but always came back to the rural setting. I have to commute 45 minutes to work (winter time is a bugger sometimes) but I don't regret it for a minute.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm green with envy...I bought my house for the yard, but it ain't nearly as nice as yours. Unfortunately a bunch of my big trees have died so I need to work some landscape magic. Any suggestions? Where did you get your fountain and pond?:smile:
It was on sale a Wal-Mart:wink:

I lost a few trees as well. The creek went up about a foot since that last pic and washed down some of the vegetation off the banks. It's kinda hurting my chances of going down there and pulling out any of those specs any time soon.:frown:

G

·
well, if you live in a real city, you might end up driving 45 minutes each way anyways
Ha! So true. It can take me at hour to drive the 10 kms from my place in The Beach to my office at Bloor & Avenue when traffic is heavy. And TTC is never less than 40 minutes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
11 years in Toronto now. It's been a complete and total assimilation. I'm prepping for a huge shock to my city boy system at the end of the month when we move!
If I get stuck down here for that long....well, let's stay positive and assume that'll never happen lol. I've got another two years or so untill I finsh my program, then it's "anywhere but here" for me! lol.

·
Premium Member
Mainly Fenders and G&L
1,852 Posts
I agree with ya ripper, I have an hour drive and most of it is rural, just me, the wildlife and a few other cars. I especially agree with the bad day comment, time to blow it off on the way home.....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.