The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......on most days

Today after a little rain.

Right up to the bottom branches of those trees!

Here's a shot from the bottom up.

It had been dry here in Mattawa for a while now........not any more!

· Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Isn't that Big Joe Mufferaw I see in the background of #2???
I guess it's possible he's the one doing all the planting and pruning:smile:

Yes, Mattawa is 40 min. away from Northbay.

Here's a shot of Mattawa from the hill on the Quebec side of the Ottawa River.

quote:iaresee -That backyard is exactly one of the reasons we're leaving Toronto: you can have that in Ottawa and still work in the city. Beautiful! quote:
This back yard is the reason I left Huntsville! Even though Huntsville and Muskoka in general have many beautiful lots like this one, I didn't have to pay a million to get it. Believe it or not, my home on this property(4 bed/2 bath), was originally built by CMHC for low income housing. It origianlly sold for $58,000 in 1986 :eek:
Because most of the magor industry is shutting down here in Mattawa, there are homes with acreage for sale for even less than that! I call it the affordable cottage country:food-smiley-004:

· Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm green with envy...I bought my house for the yard, but it ain't nearly as nice as yours. Unfortunately a bunch of my big trees have died so I need to work some landscape magic. Any suggestions? Where did you get your fountain and pond?:smile:
It was on sale a Wal-Mart:wink:

I lost a few trees as well. The creek went up about a foot since that last pic and washed down some of the vegetation off the banks. It's kinda hurting my chances of going down there and pulling out any of those specs any time soon.:frown:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.