The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......on most days

Today after a little rain.

Right up to the bottom branches of those trees!

Here's a shot from the bottom up.

It had been dry here in Mattawa for a while now........not any more!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I want a house with a backyard like that...

If I put up a shot of my backyard...you would see about 5 feet of cement and then city property haha

I

·
0 Posts
That backyard is exactly one of the reasons we're leaving Toronto: you can have that in Ottawa and still work in the city. Beautiful!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isn't that Big Joe Mufferaw I see in the background of #2???
I guess it's possible he's the one doing all the planting and pruning:smile:

Yes, Mattawa is 40 min. away from Northbay.

Here's a shot of Mattawa from the hill on the Quebec side of the Ottawa River.

quote:iaresee -That backyard is exactly one of the reasons we're leaving Toronto: you can have that in Ottawa and still work in the city. Beautiful! quote:
This back yard is the reason I left Huntsville! Even though Huntsville and Muskoka in general have many beautiful lots like this one, I didn't have to pay a million to get it. Believe it or not, my home on this property(4 bed/2 bath), was originally built by CMHC for low income housing. It origianlly sold for $58,000 in 1986 :eek:
Because most of the magor industry is shutting down here in Mattawa, there are homes with acreage for sale for even less than that! I call it the affordable cottage country:food-smiley-004:

C

·
0 Posts
"I guess it's possible he's the one doing all the planting and pruning"

I think he's more into harvesting then planting!
LOL

·
Premium Member
17,014 Posts
we rarely ever stop in mattawa on our way to barrie. im down with being able to literally roll down my driveway, then my street, and into the ottawa river lol. nice back yard though! how far away are you from the subway/gas station?

i'd say i like the rain pic, but i just raked for 6 hours today, in the rain. maybe next time :p

I

·
0 Posts
we rarely ever stop in mattawa on our way to barrie. im down with being able to literally roll down my driveway, then my street, and into the ottawa river lol. nice back yard though! how far away are you from the subway/gas station?

i'd say i like the rain pic, but i just raked for 6 hours today, in the rain. maybe next time :p
3-4 km. I've walked it a couple of times.:banana:
I had to read this exchange a couple of times because I kept thing: Mattawa has a subway system? What's with that? I clearly need more sleep than I'm getting.

·
Premium Member
17,014 Posts
3-4 km. I've walked it a couple of times.:banana:
sounds like a fun jaunt it does! i take it you're on the side with the river, instead of the tracks? yeah i have some vague geography of mattawa :D lol

I

·
0 Posts
it's ok, *cough* city boy!
11 years in Toronto now. It's been a complete and total assimilation. I'm prepping for a huge shock to my city boy system at the end of the month when we move!

·
Registered
36 Posts
lol try moving up to Nunavut I lived in the city most of my life London has about 300,000 people but I moved to a town with 700 people on a secluded island where the only way in or out is by plane or boat it's pretty cool but you can only take this place in small doses ive been here about a year and I'm half crazy no grass no trees no pavement no GUITAR SHOPS!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts