13,044 Posts
Now THAT is my idea of a Gretsch

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
57 duojet caddy green

Mike T. said:
You need better pics of that fine guitar. I remember them from back in the day.
i will have to take a couple and submit them, so you wont have to stand on your head.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Nice axe, looks like a keeper alright.

For the future, to post a picture, visit the site and right click the image --> properties. When it pops up, you'll see a part that says "Location" or something similar. Copy the URL beside it (in this case, http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o265/jimmypeters2007/scan.jpg)... now put it in the middle of image tags... they look like

So the final product will look like (take out the XXX at the beginning):

Without the XXX:

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Very nice guitar. I have been wanting a black 57 reissue for a while now. Does anybody have any feedback for the reissues or any experience with one? How close are they tonewise and how do they compare with their playability?

Drool

·
Banned
153 Posts
what style do those guitars play? rockabilly or blues only right? i dont think Ive ever seen anyone shred or do heavey metal with one of those. Sweet guitar BTW!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very nice guitar. I have been wanting a black 57 reissue for a while now. Does anybody have any feedback for the reissues or any experience with one? How close are they tonewise and how do they compare with their playability?

Drool
playability --NO compitition--action 1/64 in top to bottem-no string buzz
tone--gretsch all the way--soft as a babys bum--or it will take your ears out..

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
this is making me want to add a gretsch to the heard even more.. the new stuff seems to be well made for the most part.. something with vintage mojo like this would be sweet though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts