The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hell of a time with this forum. Of course I just upgrade to the gold membership and its screwing up. I get SSL errors in 3 different browsers. Then I can log in with chrome but it fails to let my posts through.
I remoted in to my work computer and had similar problems. I was finally able to reply to a response to my buy and sell add and now I'll try to post this.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Seems like I can now post from my work computer in the office but my home computer is still getting "Your connection is not private, attackers might be trying to steal your information".
I am able to log on to everything else. Facebook, 2 other guitar forums, email, etc. Only this site is giving me a problem.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday logging in. No hardware or account changes here, so it seems some trouble at the mother ship.

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
I still can’t get into the site with my email acct. I have to google Guitars Canada.

This crap is just pissing me off totally.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can log in on 3 different computers but none of them can I view my or anyone else's pic attachments. Only this one seems to be letting me post.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
@GCAdmin1

While waiting for admins to fricking fix the certificate problem again (this is unbelievable from a company those business is to run forums and websites, fricking unbelievable!), try this:

Use: https://guitarscanada.com/

DO NOT USE: https://www.guitarscanada.com/ (the certificate is broken yet again for WWW. version. And they were fricking warned that they didn’t fix it fricking properly the last fricking time)

Actually, to be “fair”, it is not the same problem with cert as last time, it is this:

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
I couldn't login from my MacBook but my iPad and Windows computer were fine. I cleared the history in Safari and now the MacBook is fine.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I contacted VerticalScope’s CTO on LinkedIn. The www. cert issue appears to be fixed now. Various caching may continue to cause trouble for a little while.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
They are not off the hook yet. Chrome and Firefox are broken for posting on Windows and Mac platforms. Internet Explorer, Edge, Tapatalk, Safari, and iOS Chrome seem to work.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
Sorry for being MIA on this guys. Wasn't getting my email notifications.

How are things with this at the moment?

Kevin

·
Registered
9,283 Posts
Sorry for being MIA on this guys. Wasn't getting my email notifications.

How are things with this at the moment?

Kevin

I haven’t got any email notifications for 2 months. I have to revert back to old notifications to get on the board. I checked my settings and everything is honky dory! Idk what’s happening.

·
Administrator
225 Posts
Well hopefully that's been fixed now. Was fixed for me over the weekend

This should send you an alert as long as you are subscribed, and I'll send a message to you as well

Kevin

·
Administrator
225 Posts
The thanks should go to the tech who fixed this for me. I'll pass them along

Kevin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts