The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty finicky with fuzz. To be fair I haven’t tried it loud yet which could make all the difference.
But just bought a Dover Drive and I think it may be a keeper.

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
That sounds a little hypothetical to me. Assuming a 9v supply is plugged in, the charge-pump chip will double that, but the process will require subtracting two diodes' worth of voltage, bring it down to 17V or so.

But that's nitpicking. The question is whether varying the "Variac" control yields audible differences in sound, and it does. For the squished sound, however, I think I like the Fender Pelt more.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I was unaware we were allowed to post gear for sale outside the "For Sale" section.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
When you wrote "$120 shipped" it was only natural to assume (without anything else to further clarify your intent) that this is a pedal you wish to sell.
If there is another reason for posting such you could explain it here.
My comment was actually intended to get responses from other members on the issue.
I have items to sell too and if this can be done outside of the designated section I might take advantage of it myself.

On the other matter, I have never tried to move a thread from one section to another so I don't know if it is possible.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I'm pretty sure it should be in the Sale section. This isn't a heavily MOD'd place, if we have one at all. But a little self MODing would probably be appreciated for most members here. I'd prefer not to see things for sale in the sections I want to find out more about items. If I want to buy something, I'll go to the For Sale section. If it's an honest mistake, fine, but don't convolute the rest of the site because you can get away with it please.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If there is another reason for posting such you could explain it here.
I already did above. Maybe I need to expand on my answer. I was unaware that I posted this in the wrong section, meaning I fully intended for it to be in the For Sale section. I typically only use the Tapatalk App and having recently updated it some features changed location. I have since looked to see if I can move thread using PC but it appears not.

don't convolute the rest of the site because you can get away with it please.
Really??????

You should at least be happy to know that 99% of this thread has been off topic anyways.

LOL!!!

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
I already did above. Maybe I need to expand on my answer. I was unaware that I posted this in the wrong section, meaning I fully intended for it to be in the For Sale section. I typically only use the Tapatalk App and having recently updated it some features changed location. I have since looked to see if I can move thread using PC but it appears not.

Really??????

You should at least be happy to know that 99% of this thread has been off topic anyways.

LOL!!!
It wasn't directed at you @fretzel . ...or anybody in particular. Just suggesting that a little self moderation can go a long way is all.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I tried tap talk for a very short period last spring.
I found it to be less useful than simply visiting the full site in question and browsing as normal and I soon deleted the app from my device.
Perhaps this thread is an example of the shortcomings of such apps.

In the meantime I would suggest the pedal ad be placed where it is supposed to be and the OP contact admin to have this thread removed.
Easy Peasy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts