The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been emailling them on and off over the last few years to find out DOB's of guitars and so on. I always get a reply within 24hrs. I have been having problems ordering parts from Steve's in montreal. Kevin at EB called the store to see why they were not placing the order with them.

No how the hell can i look for another brand of guitars:food-smiley-004:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,024 Posts
EL34POWER said:
No how the hell can i look for another brand of guitars:food-smiley-004:
With service like that, assuming you love the guitars, you can't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha exactly! I have been giving them so many pay cheques in the last 25 years it's not funny....

Kevin then replied to me that he spoke to (girl) at Steves and that my order would be shipped next monday. He apolagized for all the hastle and offered me a couple of t-shirts for the trouble:bow:

Damn and i wanted a EJ strat...oh well Morse it isDrool
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
240 Posts
I was impressed one time too (although a little miffed at the same time). I needed a replacement Tremolo for my EVH guitar, and went to my local Ernie Ball dealer to get a price. 3 weeks later I had no info, so I contacted Ernie Ball directly. They called the store and told them the price and to get in touch with me with it. They then told me they would sell to me directly if I wanted to. The tremolo from them was $250.00 US, and my store was going to charge me $400.00 after their mark-up :eek: My only beef was that I had to send the original tremolo back to them before I could get my replacement one. Now, I understand about proprietary hardware, blah, blah, blah; but when I bought the guitar I bought the tremolo with it, and I wouldn't have had too much of an issue if they would have at least sent me back my original tremolo after they confirmed I actually owned it, but they wouldn't do that. Or if they replaced it for free I would have been fine with it :tongue: In the end I bought a Gotoh tremolo (the exact same thing without the Ernie Ball stamp) for about half the price of that Ernie Ball was charging, and I got keep my original. Still outstanding company with outstanding service and instruments.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
bagpipe said:
If they're anything like the Steves in Ottawa, then they're too busy being "rawkstars" to help out someone as trivial as an actual customer.
+1 on the Toronto location. My experience at Steve's has never been pleasant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,740 Posts
bagpipe said:
If they're anything like the Steves in Ottawa, then they're too busy being "rawkstars" to help out someone as trivial as an actual customer.
...the more i visit long and mcquade, the more i appreciate steve's, at least here in toronto.

some of the sales guys at steve's have been there longer than i have been in toronto ('86) and they all know me as a regular visitor and customer. more to the point, the product knowledge, even among the young "rookies" is often quite impressive. l&m is quickly becoming the guitar center (american chain called the wal-mart of guitar stores) of canada. product knowledge? duh! you might as well be asking gear questions at tim horton's.

i like l&m for their inventory, prices and sales, however.

-dh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gproud said:
I was impressed one time too (although a little miffed at the same time). I needed a replacement Tremolo for my EVH guitar, and went to my local Ernie Ball dealer to get a price. 3 weeks later I had no info, so I contacted Ernie Ball directly. They called the store and told them the price and to get in touch with me with it. They then told me they would sell to me directly if I wanted to. The tremolo from them was $250.00 US, and my store was going to charge me $400.00 after their mark-up :eek: My only beef was that I had to send the original tremolo back to them before I could get my replacement one. Now, I understand about proprietary hardware, blah, blah, blah; but when I bought the guitar I bought the tremolo with it, and I wouldn't have had too much of an issue if they would have at least sent me back my original tremolo after they confirmed I actually owned it, but they wouldn't do that. Or if they replaced it for free I would have been fine with it :tongue: In the end I bought a Gotoh tremolo (the exact same thing without the Ernie Ball stamp) for about half the price of that Ernie Ball was charging, and I got keep my original. Still outstanding company with outstanding service and instruments.
Yeah i know. They wanted me to send them the saddles (that's what i needed). I said well they are not original, i bought the guitar used, that;s why i want to order original ones...They didn't push the issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
I bought an Ernie Ball stereo volume pedal off eBay and it came with velcro and no feet on the bottom. I emailed Ernie Ball to ask about buying some replacement feet and they replied "just give us your address". About a week later I got four feet for the pedal and a couple of stickers, no charge. That's beyond great service. I really like their guitars, but just haven't found one I couldn't live without yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
I work at The Arts in Newmarket, which is a major hotbed of Musicman Love. I run the Service Department, so any problems land on my bench. We've sold A LOT of MMs, and only had a couple of issues arise. All of them were taken care of so quickly and so "above the call of duty" that I use them as my yardstick for outstanding customer service. It really helps that our rep Glen Booth is also a great player and really understands working musicians. I think of most of the other companies we deal with, and their customer service pales in comparison (read:sucks). Anyone can sell you a guitar for X dollars; Musicman (and our store) looks at it as the BEGINNING of a relationship. Any relationship needs work and support, and Musicman has it in spades!-Eric
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top