The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered anything from music123 before? For the thing I want to get, the price listed there is $180. Will I have to pay any additional fees on top of that?

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Ive ordered from them. I have mixed views on them, but they do have great prices. On any US purchase, you will pay any duties, GST and brokerage fees once it hits the border. 123 ships USPS, so brokerage is only $5..........

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Accept2 said:
Ive ordered from them. I have mixed views on them, but they do have great prices. On any US purchase, you will pay any duties, GST and brokerage fees once it hits the border. 123 ships USPS, so brokerage is only $5..........
The item im looking at costs 180 dollars. So all I will have to pay is 5 dollars and thats it? No taxes or anything?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Music 123 won't know how much. GST is, well the same as we pay on anything else, brokerage fees are only $5 with post (alot more with UPS) and duties I couldn't tell ya. It seems to me it changes all the time, it never seems to be the same anytime I get something from the states. I think it might be a percentage thing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so If I buy what I want at steves, It will cost 241.5 dollars with tax. Now, On music123 it costs 180 dollars on the site. Now how much can I expect to save if I go with music123?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Go to Steves. Heres why, $180us is $208 CDN, plus GST is $222. I found out shipping is $28 us/ $32 CDN. Plus $5CDN brokerage fees you are at, $259 CDN. That doesn't even inculde any duties you might get nailed on. Plus Music 123 is out of stock till March 31. :DevilGuitar:

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
123 isnt the best packer either. They cut corners to get the shipping costs down..........

·
Premium Member
13,060 Posts
I'm assuming you've already converted the 123 price to Cdn. Shipping depends on the size of the item. I'm going to assume it is small and shipping $15. Taxes will be around $27. Brokerage is $5. If it covered under Nafta - no duty. So it will come to $227. Now,... warranty. You'd have to pay to mail it back and you'd probably have to pay to have it returned. Pain in the ass too. Won't cost you anything to walk into steve's.

Music123 will have no idea what Revenue Canada will do at the border, so call them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey fella's,

I have dealt with Music123 in person. They are an actual store in South Bend Indiana, I'm in the RV business and that area has most if not all the manufacturers so I was there on business anyways. It is an awesome place. Nicer than any shop I have ever been in. I found them on-line and called to see if they were an actual store and the guy wasn't sure if I was joking or not, I know why after going there. I bought a MIM strat from them and their professionalism was great.
I know I'mnew on here and therefore you gotta take my word for it and dealing with them in person is different than on-line but I'm happy with my experience. And no, I didn't declare it when I crossed back in Canada so I don't know what duties are applied but you could call UPS and they'll tell you what it'll be door to door.
Thanx,
Greg

·
Registered
698 Posts
I ordered a Duncan JB w/ nickel cover from them a couple of years ago. I will agree that the packaging wasn't first rate by any stretch. They do ship USPS, but I think only within the continental US. They use UPS for international orders (or they did when I ordered from them). I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I think the total charges crossing the border came to about $25 or $30 - no duty (covered under NAFTA). GST & brokerage fees only.

If they're only charging $5 for brokerage these days, that's substantially less than I paid 2 years ago. It was more like $20 or $25 then, and that was on a relatively low cost item.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts