The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be there at the end of the month. Is there anything worth visiting music store wise?

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some to consider.

Warning...there is a lot of construction in the city.

Folkway Music...a lot of interesting and typically expensive, primarily acoustic instruments. It is small.
Great breakfast, coffee and baked goodies place across the street called Seven Shores

L&M ...5 minutes walk from Folkway

Guitar Corner...not far. Small but it might be interesting

Sherwood Music...not in Waterloo, but a change from L&M.

I'd be happy to meet with you, have a coffee and drive you to these stores.

Where are you staying in Waterloo?
Wow, that's very generous of you. Are you avail during the day? I'll PM you the details.

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I am retired and usually available during the day.

I'll likely be in Ottawa (Glebe area) in October. I'm not planning on going to music stores as I have been to most of them in Ottawa. We always stay at a hotel (next to the Canadian Museum of Nature) that is very near to Spaceman.

However, I hope to meet with @amagras and @mhammer at that time. Maybe you could join us?

Cheers

Dave
I sure hope I'm avail. Please invite me and I'll do my best.

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been in Sherwood a few times for amp repair in the back by Rich(amplifiersplus.com).
He does fabulous work.
The store is well stocked with a nice layout too.

@1SweetRide and @greco
Depending on what day you're in Waterloo, do you mind if I join you boys for coffee and your guitar shop field trip?
That would be great!

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey all, I feel so welcome to a city I've never been in before. I'm not an acoustic player but I'm interested in anything really. Seeing something new from Europe even it's acoustic would be cool. I'll let you Waterloo experts decide, I'm pretty easy going so I'll be happy doing whatever. The wife knows I'll be hanging with you guys. What time do these music stores close on Wednesdays?

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Folkway for sure then. We could maybe do one other afterwards. I think I can be avail should the wife be amenable.

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Don’t really know much about Gretsch other than they are very cool looking. L&M we can skip as I have one in Ottawa.

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It seems like the wife won’t be able to make it. She’s going to be busy with some new clients (Real Estate Agent) so it’s even more flexible :)

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
@Scotty Try the new Yamaha FG800 (or one in that series).
I'm loving my FS 830

@1SweetRide What is the new plan? Please see post #31.
In addition, did you want to take in any local music Wednesday evening?
PM sent. I'm completely flexible for Wed, whatever works for you will be fine with me. Local music sounds very cool. I'm up for that for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.