The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
It appears they are going out of business. There may be some good deals there. Is anyone here bidding on anything?

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
It appears they are going out of business. There may be some good deals there. Is anyone here bidding on anything?
They are definitely relocating. I've spoken with Pete the owner. Great guy to deal with!

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
They are definitely relocating. I've spoken with Pete the owner. Great guy to deal with!
It says they are relocating.
I have no way of knowing this so it is only a guess but dealing with the retail business for many years, I've seen these signs that say they are relocating when the business is actually closing. Unless they have the new address, a person can be pretty sure they are closing the business.

The reason this is done is to 1) save face and 2) so it doesn't look like they are so desperate to sell off their stock and thus get better prices

Reactions: Diablo and colchar

·
Registered
18,581 Posts
Something tells me you might get a few PMs this weekend asking for a "favour"...
That's exactly what I was thinking.
If it doesn't say new or used do you assume it's used?
I think it would be the other way around. It would likely be new if there was nothing beside it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The auction has been promoted on the store's Facebook page for a while, and there is a new address and discussions of new lines, so it looks like a legit moving sale. I hope so, the independent music stores are much needed.

Nobody needs to call for more cowbell, there are quite a number available.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts