The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen a couple nice prints/paintings in the background of some guitar pics on this forum.

I now have an actual music room equipped with drums, keyboard, guitars, bass, and associated amps and am slowly finding inexpensive wall hangings for this room.

Sorry for the reflections, but here are my first few:

1. Taken from a Fender catalog a few years ago. I had the frame and just repurposed it with this page.
Price: free

2. Framed album bought at used record shop. I like this having grown up in the Peg. The picture was taken in front of Bannatyne Apartments in downtown Winnipeg (circa 1971). Love the licence plate, oh, and The Guess Who, of course.
Price: $20

3. Bought this in Ottawa recently. Was taped to the wall of a record shop and I asked if it was for sale. I think the shop owner was surprised and said $10.00. For perspective, the height of this is 3 feet.
Price: priceless.

Care to share some of your favourites that you have and any unique reasons why?

·
Premium Member
4,726 Posts
I’ve seen a couple nice prints/paintings in the background of some guitar pics on this forum.

I now have an actual music room equipped with drums, keyboard, guitars, bass, and associated amps and am slowly finding inexpensive wall hangings for this room.

Sorry for the reflections, but here are my first few:

1. Taken from a Fender catalog a few years ago. I had the frame and just repurposed it with this page.
Price: free

2. Framed album bought at used record shop. I like this having grown up in the Peg. The picture was taken in front of Bannatyne Apartments in downtown Winnipeg (circa 1971). Love the licence plate, oh, and The Guess Who, of course.
Price: $20

3. Bought this in Ottawa recently. Was taped to the wall of a record shop and I asked if it was for sale. I think the shop owner was surprised and said $10.00. For perspective, the height of this is 3 feet.
Price: priceless.

Care to share some of your favourites that you have and any unique reasons why?
Gotta love the Guess Who and Lennon pic. Great way to decorate your room. Congrats.

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
I painted over all the pictures except for one.

If I could, I'd be playing in a perfectly empty room with concrete walls and floors. One clean white chair.

I wouldn't mind recreating my old room where I used to practice guitar. One wall was covered in rocketship wallpaper.

View attachment 208193
No distractions whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
3,618 Posts
Current room is so small there ain't much room for decor between acoustic treatment and gear up against the walls. .... I have a few things on either side of the mix position (vintage Gibson Sonex ad; Siouxsie painted over picture from an old NME; wood cut of the home town) but mostly it's colourful choices for acoiustic panel coverings.

My old room was much bigger (higher ceiling too) and so I had a bunch of old show posters of me old bands (+ some other band posters) almost completely wallpapering the 'live' wall behind the mix position (vs the 'dead' wall behind the drums). .... and apparently not a single pic of that exists :(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts