The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever have a deep session where all you have in your head for the rest of the day is what you ran through/discovered/created that day?

Go to sleep or wake up with it playing in your head?

Wish you could pull a U turn on the way to work and just go home and play??

·
Premium Member
18,576 Posts
I've definitely hit inspiration at work and wanted to just go home and record it, but I'm not that fortunate haha. I have also tried to rehearse something well enough to remember it the next day, but if it's not recorded then that doesn't work.

I've also tabbed out riffs in my phone when I think I know how they should be played. Nothing fruitful yet but I can do it.

·
Registered
Tell your prophets to pray and tell your bandits to run.
7,427 Posts
I have riffs running through my head sometimes but it’s just stuff I’m thinking about doesn’t always come out on guitar the same as imagined probably some echo returns from the 1970s still in there messin it all up. Riffs and chord progressions are cool though and just come outa no where when your playing and not thinking. Hit record on the h4n cause I won’t remember it in 5 minutes or it’ll have changed to something else.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cause I won’t remember it in 5 minutes or it’ll have changed to something else.
THIS. It almost always evolves from this to that. Sometimes better, and sometimes essence lost and not found again. It's frustrating when it's like oooh, that's cool and then it gets mushed into something else which doesnt quite have the groove
Even the usual stuff I play evolves far from the original.

·
Premium Member
18,576 Posts
THIS. It almost always evolves from this to that. Sometimes better, and sometimes essence lost and not found again. It's frustrating when it's like oooh, that's cool and then it gets mushed into something else which doesnt quite have the groove
Even the usual stuff I play evolves far from the original.
I hate getting the "play that again!" out of nowhere at practice, because I usually wasn't thinking about whatever it is that caught their ear. I will repeat things I think are cool that don't get used though haha.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
I record a lot of my “thoughts” on my phone. Some are very cool and some are not.

Great inspiration and learning to try and be able to string a few together and either add to a current song or a future endeavour.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I record a lot of my “thoughts” on my phone. Some are very cool and some are not.
Great inspiration and learning to try and be able to string a few together and either add to a current song or a future endeavour.
I once knew someone who used to send "note to myself" on home phone from office.
I did send some ideas from office PC to home PC sometimes... instead of forgetting a written idea in my pocket pants.
Singing music on the iphone is a modern way to remember an idea that could otherwise vanish in the haze or at least get corrupted in the meanwhile...

P.S. Great to have you back @Lola !

Reactions: Scotty

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
i usually don't remember them unless i am able to record them. the reason is, there is music in my head at all times. seriously. all. the. time.
it's not just rock. much of it is, but there is music from all types in my head. i even have music that is entirely bells and bass. there are two kinds of music i haven't found there though.
accordion music, and bagpipes. hate them both

1 - 9 of 9 Posts