The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

just wondering if any of you can help me out.

say you've written a song with chords and all, is there any program that you can put the lyrics under the staff and chords above the staff and add notation to it to make it look as real as possible (although you'd print this via your computer) as if you'd bought this sheet music.

does that make sense?

thanks

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I think I get what you mean and I'm pretty sure you can do it with Guitar Pro 5. You add lyrics to each bar with the 'TXT' button.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Finale will let you do that as well I believe. But it will not do tablature (at least the last version I had didn't), only real musical notation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
let me try and explain more.

I wrote a song. Chords. Notation and all.

Now instead of having it in front of me or written out on paper I'd like to have it printed out on actual score sheets ie. staff etc...

Which program is good for that?

No tab. Chords above the measures and notes in the staff.

thanks all.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Try Finale. You can download Finale Notepad for free to try it out. If you like how it works but need more stuff then you can buy the full version. It does have tab if you ever want it too. I don't think it'll do chord diagrams, just the names.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well here's what Guitar Pro can put out. You could use the TXT button to type the name of the chord above the measure then you'd have to Photoshop or write in the lyrics below it.

With tabulature.

Without tabulature.
YES YES YES!!!!

This is exactly what I want.

This is PERFECT!!!

Thank you so much.

Now, I've tried the program, but am having a hard tiem add lyrics.

I filled out all the info. Then when I go to lyrics it doesn't show up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts